System Restore

I just got the sandisk ultra usb 3.0 16gb flash drive for my birthday. I reboot my computer about once a month. Before I reboot my computer I drag and drop my files such as itunes, make mkv and handbrake to my flash drive. After my computer is rebooted I plug in my flash drive. The files I dragged are there but I can’t open them. I can click on them all I want but they won’t open. They only opened when I had the files on my laptop. But after I rebooted my computer I click on my files but they won’t open. Can anybody give me any pointes on how I can fix this?

:smiley:  Hi Daulton,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

If in the laptop, the pendrive USB 3.0 (UFD) works well, then something is wrong with the PC.

Please, try another pendrive in the PC, and see what happens.

Also check, in the “quarantine” of the antivirus, if there are locked files.

See also, in the Task Manager , the processes which are running, and see what are the necessary and what to delete.
Because, there are some services programs, telephones and video cameras, that cause system conflicts, by interference in USB ports, such as: Samsung Kies, HTC Sync, Sony Play Memories, Motorola, etc.

Luck, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                                                            (Google translated)

Would using my flash drive as a memory card work?

:smiley:   Hi Daulton,

Please, I’m not sure I understand the question, could extended with more details?

Regards, Alfred.                                     (Google translated)

Only if it’s an option for you like you can live with your files deleted, you can go ahead and just reformat the flash drive. That should make it back up and running.

First of all happy birthday to you and congrats for the new gift. 

happy birthday granddaughter