Re: Saved Files Disappeared from my Sandisk Cruzer Slice 32GB when Previously There

Hi Ed

Thanks so much for trying to help, I will do an image back up.

I also wondered whether Sandisk themselves may be able to help since the files seem to be there, but aren't, if you see what I mean. Do you think its worth trying their techical dept?

Else yes I will try to recover, and hope that any recovery software finds the files, irrelevant of cost.

Thanks for all your time and suggestions Ed.

If anyone else out there has any suggestions, they will be gratefully received!!

Bye Ed

:-)

SanDisk Guru

Re: Saved Files Disappeared from my Sandisk Cruzer Slice 32GB when Previously There

Manj wrote:

I also wondered whether Sandisk themselves may be able to help since the files seem to be there, but aren't, if you see what I mean. Do you think its worth trying their techical dept?

It can't hurt. It is after all, what they get paid to do. Smiley Wink

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

Manj

1.  All those apps I wrote about before are free and I have used them in the past.  They do work.

2.  When you run the Command Prompt are you running it with Admn rights or with Limited User rights?

Ed
Important files = Backed up files

Hi Ed

I think I'm using it with Admin rights since I am an 'administrator' on this laptop under Win 7, not sure if you mean something else. But as you know am happy to try anything...

Am running a restore currently with a freebie, PC Inspector Smart Recovery. Interestingly, it said that it could not conduct a fast recovery because the flashdrive was so badly damaged and is doing a detailed or something similar (can't remember which word it used) recovery.

I will post and let you know how it all goes.

Thanx

Manj

SanDisk Guru

" it said that it could not conduct a fast recovery because the flashdrive was so badly damaged and is doing a detailed or something similar (can't remember which word it used) recovery"

Marj that sounds so much like a scam. Smiley Sad  If the drive was so badly damaged you would not have been able to see the SecureAccess files on it. Why didn't you use one of the apps I suggested?? 

I do hope things didn't get worst.

Ed

[ Edited ]

Hi Ed

I agree that I dont think that the drive is damaged, but the software is free anyway so whether it did a detailed or quick scan didnt matter.

Anyway it did successfully retrieve the pics, so I have all of them back I think. It didnt retain my file structure however so I dont which month they were taken in.

The only files it didnt get back are videos I took of Aaron, but at least I got the pictures.

I did try Restoration, but it kept crashing, so tried to find an alternative.

Thanks for your help Ed, I'm a happy mummy again!

Manj

Smiley Happy

SanDisk Guru

"I did try Restoration, but it kept crashing"

I believe I gave you several apps to try.

"Anyway it did successfully retrieve the pics, so I have all of them back I think."

Excellent, excellent news.  Smiley Happy

"I'm a happy mummy again!"

You made my day. Heart

Ed

I'm having exactly the same problem.  Did you ever find a resolution?

My Micro SD card is 32GB and I wiped off everthing but I see 1.29gb used on a 29.8 GB SD card which now leaves 28 GB This is normal I looked into it and there's no files in there at all just pre made folders as soon as you insert it into any portable device companies do that it's never the full 32GB stored that you can use and there's always system properties left which take up few gigs and you cannot access these files, I also thought I had few pics left in there but I manually looked into each folder from computer and also inserted into phone to see if there is any but none showed up.Upon making the USBs and HDD the tiny motherboard holds few important data to make it run which takes up few GBs.

SanDisk Guru

So you registered to post to a thread that hasn't been active for 4 1/2 yrs!!  Spammers have been known to do that, are you a spammer?

Ed