Sandisk cruzer 16GB became read-only

I do not except that the " Oh you should have formatted it in NTFS when you first got it”"

I agree, but there’s a lot of kids who think it’s the thing to do.  1.  FAT32 is a more universal format for multiple machines.  2. FAT32 has less overhead then NTFS thus providing longer life for the USB device.  However, if you need to store files larger than 4GB, usually image backups and some movies, then NTFS is your only answer.

This  is a forum that the manfacturers benefit from I do not wish to be rude to any members of the public , but why should you volunteer your time just because there to tight to emply a help desk.”

Some of us are techs who like helping other people.  As a former network Engineer you should be able to relate to that.

so this is to SAndisk - Why does your product not work

As a former network Engineer you should know that s**t happens, and it’s only possible to resolve if you know: what happened, how it happened, when it happened, where it happened, who was involved, etc.  And as you read these various reports that information is rarely provided.  All that is posted is “my device doesn’t work”.  And as a former network Engineer you know that the quickest way to resolve a problem machine is to replace it.

why does it not tell you to format it in NTFS, or better still why do you not do it in the factory?”

See my narrative above.  And NTFS won’t solve the problem.  Highly unlikely the problem is in the file system.

“_ what is the solution to this problem ?”_

Replace the device.  Either from where you bought it or from SanDisk.