Sandisk USB Formatted and Sandisk Secure Access unavaileble

Hey! I formatted my Sandisk USB flash drive and now obviously Sandisk Secure Access was deleted from the Flash Drive, how do i reinstall it on my USB!

Why did you format the USB drive?  It comes formatted from the factory.  FAT32 for drives 32GB or less and exFAT for all others.

Download SecureAccess to the USB drive and execute it.

https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2399/~/sandisk-secureaccess-3.02-support-information-and-download-page

I have that error msg that pops out when ever I try to upload smt above 10GB to my Drive, who still have way more than the required space, but says that the file is too large for the destination.
I searched on the internet and it was actually the only solution to fix it.

I’m so sick and tired of all the so-called guru’s asking “why did you format it?”

Is there a reason NOT to do so.

Is there a warning NOT to do so.

NO there is no reason to not format your USB drive.

But weirdly only Sandisk gives errors when you format it.

I have 1 that I wanted to use as a Windows 10 installation drive.

And guess what that lovely tool does with your drive.

IT FORMATS IT.

So what I would love to see is a proper solution from SanDisk to combat this massive FLAW in their product.

But what does Sandisk?

NOTHING.

No warning, no excuse, no refund, no replacement, no software to fix it, nope they do  absolutely nothing.

“Is there a reason NOT to do so.”

Yes, slower performance, lost space.

“Is there a warning NOT to do so.”

Is there a warning not to drop it in the toilet?

"I wanted to use as a Windows 10 installation drive.

And guess what that lovely tool does with your drive.

IT FORMATS IT."

Windows ALWAYS does what it wants, whether it needs to or not and whether the user wants it to or not.

“NO there is no reason to not format your USB drive.”

See reply #1 above.

And another so-called GURU that knows it all.

But let me ask you these three simple questions.

What does Sandisk do about this problem?

Is Sandisk providing a tool to restore your USB drive?

Is Sandisk trying to warn there costumers about this flaw in their product?

Nothing, No and NO are the correct answers.

Not really what you like to read about a large company is it.

So why are you defending Sandisk while they themselves do NOTHING to fix a problem?

“What does Sandisk do about this problem?”

It provides a forum for users to discuss problems and suggest solutions.

“Is Sandisk providing a tool to restore your USB drive?”

It provides free replacements for devices that fail; either by user actions, OS actions, equipment actions, manufacturing actions.

“Is Sandisk trying to warn there costumers about this flaw in their product?”

They accept it as normal life events beyond their control.  As should you.  (-:

In short, Sandisk is failing on purpose because they hope nobody finds out you can get a new USB drive for free.

Wouldn’t it much better if they fix the drives so this problem no longer exists.

Sandisk is using the Apple approach to problems.

Create faulty hardware and then not fix them or give the tools so you can fix them yourself.

“In short, Sandisk is failing on purpose because they hope nobody finds out you can get a new USB drive for free.”

For people with problems that go to the SanDisk support site it’s pretty obvious they offer free replacements.  A search of this users forum shows the replacement link frequently.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5232/~/return-material-authorization-(rma)-process

So hardly a hidden concept.

“Wouldn’t it much better if they fix the drives so this problem no longer exists.”

Won’t it be nice if everyone had free healthcare?  A free home?  Free beer?  Happiness 24 hrs a day?

If you made a product and 5 out of every 500,000 units was bad would you spend a whole lot of time trying to fix the problem?  If you made a cooking utinsil and some people used it as a hammer and complained it wasn’t heavy enough would you make the utinsil heavier?

“Sandisk is using the Apple approach to problems.”

Not sure what Apple’s approach is but if it’s “You can’t please everyone 100% of the time” I might agree.

Time to move on Foxie.