Sandisk Switch Cruzer Write Protected

Could Not Format My Flash Disk Write Protected

Type: Flash Disk SanDisk Cruzer Switch

Here’s another screen about what’s happening when want to format it
posted on the mdlforum.png

Where did you get your Win7.Fr.x64 drive?  And why are you trying to format it?

from my pc vendor!

i want to use my sandisk flash disk as normal to edit my files on it … personal files!

i can’t format neither edit files on it, i could only copy its content files, but never edit or delete some of them!

important personal files + old personal pictures too :confounded:

Looks like you need to write to SanDisk for a replacement.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5232/~/return-material-authorization-(rma)-process

here’s the statue of my flash disk Sandisk Cruzer Switch now through ‘Disk Management’ tool

another and last screen will be posted in here, and thanks for your support, with hope finding a solution to bring back my flash drive sandisk cruzer switch healthy.

thanks for the link, but i like to repair my device, and remove write protection.

Any recommandations are welcome.

Usually when the drives go bad replacement is the only option.

I see the flash drive is formated like a hard drive.  NTFS is not a good choice for a removable drive, it adds extra writes to the drive and as such slows it down and wears it out faster.  For larger than 4GB files exFAT should be used.

Maybe your Windows security system thinks it’s an external hard drive and preventing writes to it.  A long shot but…

It’s interesting that one of your displays shows the drive with 2,80 GB free.  See if you can run a CHKDSK command for the drive.  I believe the Command Prompt windows needs to be opened with Admin Privileges for that to run.

When the disk is write protected, thera are chances that you cannot do any further operations on this disk. You need to first remove the write protection first by running some commands.

1. Press Windows key + R combination on your keyboard. In the pop-up Run dialog box, type diskpart and hit Enter or click “OK” to open the DiskPart Command Prompt.
  2. Type the following commands one by one and hit Enter after each:
  3. list disk - all of the disks connected to the computer will be displayed, including internal hard drives.
  4. select disk n - where n is the number of SanDisk drive. 
  5. attributes disk clear readonly - change your drive’s properties so that it is no longer read-only.
  6. Disk Clear Read Only
  7. Close DiskPart Command Prompt and re-plug your  drive to check if the write protection error is resolved. If not, please try the next step.

If this is too complicated for you to operate, you can choose to directly format it using a disk formatting software.

Cheaper to buy a new drive than pay $49.95 for that software wangqi.

@jagh2018 wrote:

from my pc vendor!

i want to use my sandisk flash disk as normal to edit my files on it … personal files!

i can’t format neither edit files on it, i could only copy its content files, but never edit or delete some of them!

Did you find any good solution? I am facing the exact same issue.