Sandisk Cruzer not recognized by Windows 7

Thanks for the tip, but no, it did not work. I *WILL* try and contact SanDisk directly about this.

It only started occuring a number of weeks ago - new software I installed or Windows updates may have caused the change. I just can’t check the specific incident that set it off - assuming that a specific incident actually *did* set it off.

Like you, other USB flash drives - extremely generic ones - have no similar problem, only the SanDisk drives. As soon as I uninstall the ‘SanDisk Cruzer Switch USB Device’ driver software from the ‘Disk drives’ section of the Device Manager and then reinsert the drive, every thing is fine. However, it’s *ejecting* the driver that stops it being recognized again. It’s as if the ejecting process makes the drive invisible.

When I *do* eject the drive, the ‘SanDisk Cruzer Switch USB Device’ driver software disappears the ‘Disk drives’ section of the Device Manager, and when I reinsert the drive, the ‘SanDisk Cruzer Switch USB Device’ driver software REappears the ‘Disk drives’ section of the Device Manager, but the disk doesn’t appear in Windows Explorer. Something - I don’t know what - is preventing it’s ‘re-recognition.’

As I wrote earlier, this issue does not occur if I’m operating in Safe Mode, which suggests threre’s another process operating in Normal Mode that prevents the drive from being recognized.

It’s a tricky issue, and I’d love to get to the bottom of it.