Sandisk Cruzer SDCZ36-004G/008G Problem

Hey,

I have ordered 3x pieces of USB flash drives with U3 technology.

Unfortunately when I plug drives in my PC (Windows 7 Home 86x) I don’t get any U3 features and during installation of ‘U3 Launch Pad’ I’m stuck in first step where program asks to plug U3 capable drive in.

And ya, I know that sandisk doesn’t produce these anymore and don’t support in general.

But is it possible that these Cruzers I have don’t suspport U3 technology …?

And is it possible I’m doing something wrong…? And ya, I have tested 008G’s at WIN XP with same results.

My drive looks like this (with ‘Sandisk’ text only)

"But is it possible that these Cruzers I have don’t suspport U3 technology …?"

Bingo!! 

What part of "I know that sandisk doesn’t produce these anymore " are you having trouble understanding?? :confounded:

@lokini wrote:

I have ordered 3x pieces of USB flash drives with U3 technology.

And ya, I know that sandisk doesn’t produce these anymore and don’t support in general.

If you know they are not made (or sold) anymore, why do you think the 3 you have ordered have U3? Did you read that they have it on some dealer’s out-dated webpage? Or did you think you were ordering 3+ years old stock?

I GOT SAME PROB SDCZ36Z-008G   MY SOLUTION  JUNK IT GOT 10 OF EM   THIS COMPANY ■■■■■ FOR FLASHES AND IF THEY R OUT THERE THEY SHOULD STILL SUPPORT THEM    SAND DISK  IS JUNK

I WASTED MY HARD EARNED CASH ON THIS BS FLASH DRIVE THAT SUX AZZ

U3 caused so many problems that’s why this is discontinued. You’ll enjoy the functionality right now with out the U3. it’s not really that useful to me anyway.

I love my U3 drives and am sorry SanDIsk stopped making them.  Flash security without Admin Privileges.