Sandisk Cruzer Edge 8GB poor performance.

Sandisk 8GB is very poor in its performance…Dead slow in data write as well as read…

I just bought a 16gb cruzer and the new Vault software is terrible. When I open the Flash Drive I cannot look through my documents like I could on the old U3 software. I spoke to Sandisk and they will not help. Guess it’s time to find a new flash drive. Any ideas on a user friendly drive with security?

If your pc is slow or has slow USB ports USB performance will be slow.  Another possible culprit is your AV app checking every byte being written.  Try disabling it before starting the writes to it and see it that helps.

IronKey devices are secure and rated well according to this link: https://www.ironkey.com/files/articles/IronKey-Tops-Computerworld-Review.pdf

It also depends if you are using USB port 1.0/2.0/3.0. It also depends on how you classify “fast”. Heheh. When you are trying to copy files, how much speed are you getting? kbps/Mbps?  

I always considered Sandisk as the clear market leader and always favoured Sandisk products over anything else given the choice. However, the Cruser Blade (8GB) is an utter disappointment - it’s slower even than the unbranded give-away sticks I got years ago!

This has nothing to do with the port or PC speed - the system performance is good and I made comparisons on the same PC and same port against other USB flash memories - the new Cruzer was the slowest of all.

Clearly, Sandisk is not a blind choice any more.

I bought it and it is blocked, cannot read, nor write on it. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance

>> I bought it and it is blocked, cannot read, nor write on it. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance

Write protected?  Welcome to the club.  :stuck_out_tongue:

There does not seem to be any fix for this other than returning the drive to the store or to SanDisk.