Sandisk Cruzer 16GB - U3 Launchpad not working

Have encountered a problem. I removed the thumb drive without using the “eject” option on U3 launchpad n selected “safely remove hard disk” instead. The next time i plug in it showed the drive was not removed properly and u3 launchpad cant be launched after that. What i see now when i connect the thumbdrive to my desktop is only a removable drive when i go to My Computer and the drive is empty. U3 launchpad doesnt appear now too. How can I retrieve the files back?

I removed the thumb drive without using the “eject” option on U3 launchpad n selected “safely remove hard disk” instead.

I do that too sometimes, it’s not a problem. oth close the Windows connection to the writeable drive making it safe to be removed.  The U3 eject option also deletes the temporary U3 files created on the hard drive when the Launchpad runs.

The next time i plug in it showed the drive was not removed properly and u3 launchpad cant be launched after that.

Now that’s a problem.  Try running CHKDSK on the drive and see if that helps.

A U3 thumb drive consists of 2 drives, one a nonwriteable CD drive and one a writeable removable drive.  Do you see two drives when you plug the U3 drive in now? 

Hi, just a quick question please. When we reformat this drive, how much percentage do you think that it will have to resolve this issue?

0%