SanDisk Ultra Flair / SanDisk Ultra Luxe

I recently purchased two Sandisk USB sticks (SanDisk Ultra Flair and SanDisk Ultra Luxe, both 32GB) to store my mp3 files and use them in my car as well as on my home system (Denon DM40). Both sticks are neither recognized by the Denon system nor by the car radio. I have several other USB sticks from Transcend and Kingston (USB 2.0 - 3.1, 16 - 64GB). All of them work without problems. I ran usbdeview on my laptop and noticed that the Sandsik USB sticks consumed more than 900mA power (Transcend and Kingston were between 200 and 300). Is this the case with all Sandisk USB 3 sticks ? I have no other idea why these sticks don’t work with the music devices. I reformatted the sticks again (FAT32), but that didn’t help either.

Check the user manuals for your music devices and see if they support USB 3 devices.  Since you were able to put mp3 files on them I doubt the problem is with the flash drives themselves.

You weren’t putting the mp3 files in SecureAccess were you?

As mentioned above, I use some USB 3.0 and 3.1 sticks (e.g. Transcend Jetflash 710) without any problems. The only restriction of the Denon hifi system is that the stick has to be formatted in FAT32. The car radio even accepts NTFS. No limitation regarding capacity and USB standard. I do not use SecureAccess, I even reformatted the usb sticks again. So my conclusion, as Transcend and Kingston works, it has to be a problem with Sandisk and I guess it’s because of the high power consumption (300mA vs. almost 900mA)

Try returning the SanDisk drives to SanDisk and see if new ones are better.  Don’t format the new drives, and if you don’t want SecureAccess simply delete the files and folders.

Hi, I purchased two Sandisk Ultra Flair, USB3 memory on the 5/2020. Both sticks came in regular Sandisk packaging, all looked good, no indication that the item was not a genuine Sandisk product.

I am running Win 10, fully updated. The first memory stick did not show on the File explorer page, no ding sound, tried another port, same result. Unwrapped the second memory stick, no ding when inserted into USB3 port, tried the USB2 port and heard a ding. Checked the File explorer, nothing showing, tried different options, still not showing. Neither new sticks working.

Rebooted PC and BIOS page showed but no Win10 startup. Tried various Bios options, but still no Win10.

Currently I have spent three days reinstalling a fresh copy of Win10. One problem encountered was D drive with all my programs linked files was altered to a system drive (which it is not) which caused some problems. 

I have another PC, but I was not prepared to risk damaging that.

My previous Win10 backups were not accessible.

What followed was re-installing a new Win10 while not losing any associated files.  Three days later I’m nearly there.

The various reviews I read were very interesting, same Sandisk memory stick problems, reports of running very hot and over heating, not working, some not operating at advertised speed or memory size, etc etc.  Some comments talked about the chip and casing not being up to the task

I contacted my supplier who, despite having sold a large number, said they didnt have knowledge of any failures

I have always used Sandisk (I have quite a lot) for my PC and Camera because they have a reputation for reliability. Im afraid that wont happen in future.  Can’t afford to lose valuable pictures,

I am currently sourcing the larger original size memory stick, (should not run to hot) from a reliable manufacturer.

It has taught me to read the reviews before I buy next time

Did the flash drives show in Disk Management?  Did they need to be assigned a drive letter?  Is your Windows’s security set to refuse removable drives?

Using a flash drive doesn’t cause the problems you experienced, hacking to figure something out does though.  Been there, done that too.

Glad you keep your files on a separate drive, me too, makes replacing the OS drive a whole lot easier.