SanDisk SecureAccess V3.0 Password Not Recognized?

I realize it’s late in the game to post a reply, but I had the same issue and just managed to solve it. So, I’m posting a reply in case other people made the same “mistake” I made.

When I originally opened the drive after installing Secure Access, I saw folders named “SanDiskSecureAccess,” “SanDiskSecureAccess Settings,” and “SanDiskSecureAccess Vault” (along with my other personal folders I did not bother encrypting).  I like to keep things tidy so, at some point, I must have moved the “Settings” folder into the SanDiskSecureAccess folder.

The next time I opened the Secure Access application and entered my password, it rejected the password I knew to be correct.  After  troubleshooting and trying a few variations of the password (just in case), I noticed that, whenever I entered a password attempt, a new folder named “SanDiskSecureAccess Settings” was created in the “main” drive folder, but it disappeared when I chose to retry entering my password.

I moved the original “Settings” folder back into the “main” drive folder, then tried again.  Voila!  I was able to access all my data.  Now I have an “extra” folder that seems superfluous where it is, but well worth it to get access to all my encrypted data again.

This solution is no help to those less compulsive users who did not move the Settings folder like I did, but figured I would throw it out there.

Cheers,

Ryan