11-24-2017 02:56 PM
It looks like you either didn't understand my message or I wasn't clear enough - so for the sake of clarity and other people's sanity (!)...
In the end, the only thing that worked was deleting Secure Access v.2, downloading v.3 onto the Dial, leaving that ON the Dial but cutting the other files and pasting them onto my computer desktop...leaving only the v.3 on the Dial. I then double-clicked the v.3 .exe and hey presto...seconds later everything was working. I then pasted the files back onto the Dial from my computer desktop.
I'm guessing it doesn't matter whether or not the files were .dat files because it worked.
06-11-2018 12:29 PM
Thank you for that link address and the instructions. It worked like a charm. I'm so happy for people like you available online to help people like me!
09-22-2018 11:31 PM
1. Downloading new 3.02, deleting the older version, and replacing the new version on the SSD DID NOT solve the problem.
2. Problem remains: V3, V3.01, V3.02 ALL have the OK button GRAYED OUT no matter what I do.
3. In Control Panel I have no application installed with the name SanDiskSecureAccessV3_win.exe. So there's no way to uninstall it in Windows! Regardless, the application ONLY runs on SanDisk USB Drive!
4. This is a DEFINITE MAJOR PROBLEM in V3.02!!! (much bigger than a bug).
5. I can't store files securely on this Drive!!!
6. Why does SanDiskSecureAccessV3_win.exe need to access the Internet every time it starts??? That defeats the purpose of a local solution when I'm not connected to the Internet. I'm beginning to hate SanDisk. What a piece of crap!
09-23-2018 04:36 PM - edited 09-23-2018 04:39 PM
What happens when you remove the check mark in front of the red letters? Use numeric and alpha numeric characters
And what the heck are "alpha numeric characters"??
The Internet access requirement is an option that can be turned off, once you sign on.
Important files = Backed up files
10-10-2018 07:46 AM
Shocking that this product is out there, many don't want this encryption in the first place. So piss poor. Cannot get it off even with disc management.
Wah -Wah identical situation. Should be asked if you want it.