SanDisk Secure Access V3 fails to start

Hi Ed

Please see attached

Cheers Sean
CMD.JPG

Is your USB drive plugged in?  And if it is what drive letter has Windows assigned to it?

Do note there is suppose to be a blank space between the * and the /.

Yes of course its plugged in and showing as D :angry:

Amazed this write protection cannot be wiped.

Still showng Parameter format not correct

Cheers Sean
CMD2.JPG

attrib d:*  /d

Only 2 spaces, one after attrib and one after *.

Got it Cheers 

Excellent.  Also excellent quality screen image.

Now there is one SecureAccess file that is Hidden which prevents it from being seen and deleted.  It may be contributing to your SecureAccess problem.  So let’s unHide it.

There is 1 space after attrib and 1 space after the h.

attrib  -h  d:*.tmp

After running try deleting the file.

del d:*.tmp

Then do another  attrib d:*  to verify it’s gone.  Then try using SecureAccess.

@markp28665 wrote:

Just to let other know, I had the same problem today,  June 13, 2016.  Removing the executible from the thumb drive then coping the new downloaded version worked.  – Mark –

realise that is an old(ish) query, however I just resolved the difficulty a quicker way than formatting / redownloading as cautioned above.

when I received the SanDisk device, the executable become named ‘Run_SanDiskSecureAccess_Win.exe’

I closed SDSA and renamed the executable ‘SanDiskSecureAccessV3_Win.exe’ - relaunched it and it up to date great.

it is able to be really worth noting that mine complained it was still walking whilst seeking to update, but after clicking ‘sure’ to retry a few instances, it sooner or later updated and is jogging exceptional Smiley glad

wish this enables all of us else with the equal issue.

@jissytito wrote:

@markp28665 wrote:

Just to let other know, I had the same problem today,  June 13, 2016.  Removing the executible from the thumb drive then coping the new downloaded version worked.  – Mark –

realise that is an old(ish) query, however I just resolved the difficulty a quicker way than formatting / redownloading as cautioned above.8 Ball Pool   Google Hangouts   Omegle 

when I received the SanDisk device, the executable become named ‘Run_SanDiskSecureAccess_Win.exe’

I closed SDSA and renamed the executable ‘SanDiskSecureAccessV3_Win.exe’ - relaunched it and it up to date great.

it is able to be really worth noting that mine complained it was still walking whilst seeking to update, but after clicking ‘sure’ to retry a few instances, it sooner or later updated and is jogging exceptional Smiley glad

wish this enables all of us else with the equal issue.

Hi Ed

Sorry for the delay attempting this.

I’m sensing it’s not doing what it should with the unable to change response.

Would be happy to let you get hands-on via TeamViewer

Cheers Sean

Ok sean lets see what we need to do.

1. The next time show 2 attrib commands.  One attrib  d:</strong> then the attrib  -h  d:*.tmp one.  It helps perspective.

2. When you go to start the Command Prompt start it by RIGHT clicking on it and choosing the Admin option.

3. I don’t have TeamViewer and if I did you wouldn’t learn as much.  :stuck_out_tongue:

Spacing may be wrong

Ya think.

Don’t know what to tell you at this point sean other than contact SanDisk tech support.

https://www.sandisk.com/about/contact?utm_source=ContactUs&utm_medium=Hyperlink&utm_campaign=HomePageTracking

Thanks Ed for your help.

try the diskpart clean command. IT will delete the partition and remove everything from the drive so make sure you have everything backed up. Once you run diskpart clean check disk management. the drive should show unallocated. create a new partition and format the drive. If that does not get rid of the file it is not likely anything will.

Yes thats where i started it throws out this.

It knackered and so am I as i cannot risk a return / refund as it has personal data on it.

Its hammer time.:smiley:

Sean, did you start diskpart from a Command Prompt started as Admin?

I had set up the encryption under windows 7, windows 10 doesnt recgnize the exe as executable in fact it thinks there is an extra character after exe. I tried deleting that character, still wont run it. would rather not lose the data on the drive but I suspect updating the drive’s sandisk stuff would do that.

I gave several of my text files containing my passphrases and private keys the same name (eg: Pizza.txt). After several months / years of this, I suppose the encryption software got “confused” and saving one Pizza.txt randomly overwrites other files of the same name. This has resulted in me losing private keys, passphrases, and other seriously important information. Granted there may be countless Pizza.txts on this drive, but that is no excuse.

And here he is, showing his true SPAMmer colors.

markano is a SPAMMER.  Delete all his postings.