Re: SanDisk Secure Access V3 fails to start

@MarkP28665 wrote:

Just to let other know, I had the same problem today,  June 13, 2016.  Removing the executible from the thumb drive then coping the new downloaded version worked.  -- Mark --

realise that is an old(ish) query, however I just resolved the difficulty a quicker way than formatting / redownloading as cautioned above.

when I received the SanDisk device, the executable become named 'Run_SanDiskSecureAccess_Win.exe'

I closed SDSA and renamed the executable 'SanDiskSecureAccessV3_Win.exe' - relaunched it and it up to date great.

it is able to be really worth noting that mine complained it was still walking whilst seeking to update, but after clicking 'sure' to retry a few instances, it sooner or later updated and is jogging exceptional Smiley glad

wish this enables all of us else with the equal issue.

Hi Ed

Sorry for the delay attempting this.

I'm sensing it's not doing what it should with the unable to change response.

Would be happy to let you get hands-on via TeamViewer

Cheers Sean

Capture.JPG
SanDisk Guru

Ok sean lets see what we need to do.

1. The next time show 2 attrib commands.  One attrib  d:\ then the attrib  -h  d:\*.tmp one.  It helps perspective.

2. When you go to start the Command Prompt start it by RIGHT clicking on it and choosing the Admin option.

3. I don't have TeamViewer and if I did you wouldn't learn as much.  Smiley Tongue

Ed
Important files = Backed up files

Spacing may be wrong

Capture.JPG
SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

Ya think.

Don't know what to tell you at this point sean other than contact SanDisk tech support.

https://www.sandisk.com/about/contact?utm_source=ContactUs&utm_medium=Hyperlink&utm_campaign=HomePag...

Ed

[ Edited ]

Thanks Ed for your help.

SanDisk Guru

try the diskpart clean command. IT will delete the partition and remove everything from the drive so make sure you have everything backed up. Once you run diskpart clean check disk management. the drive should show unallocated. create a new partition and format the drive. If that does not get rid of the file it is not likely anything will.

Yes thats where i started it throws out this.

It knackered and so am I as i cannot risk a return / refund as it has personal data on it.

Its hammer time.Smiley Happy

Capture.GIF
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Sean, did you start diskpart from a Command Prompt started as Admin?

Ed