SanDisk Secure Access V3 fails to start

Hello,

What does it mean to rename it?  How do you do that?

Thanks

@shadolyst wrote:

Renaming the *.exe worked for me too. Thanks, @ssguitarist

I have been using the Sandisch Secure Access V3 for a few years now. Most of the time it works fine but around 1 in 10 times, when I click to open the file it just seems to freeze with this on screen (see attached picture).

I have tried renaming the .exe file, closing it and trying again but the only thing that seems to work is restarting my PC. This can be a pain as it means I have to save and close everything. Do you have any suggestions to fix this without shutting down?

Thanks
image.jpg

hello,

I purchased a SanDisk Secure Access USB a few weeks ago.

I haven’t been able at all top install and run the Secure Access software.

When I launch it, it looks for updates, then says that it will restart, but then it fails ALL the TIMES.

I tried to delete the software and re-install it. Unfortunately, this is NOT an option. I am NOT allowed to uninstall/delete any file from the USB. My only option is to launch the program, which does not work.

What should I do?

thank you,

Monica

> I am NOT allowed to uninstall/delete any file from the USB.

This sounds like a Windows security app problem.  SecureAccess files are easily deletable.

Hi 

I have stored files in the vault on version 3 and successfully accessed twice before today.

When I have tried to open the vault today I cant, I receive a pop message that reads: 

ScanDiskSecureAccess is already running

I have hit task manager there are no processes running,

The vault shows up on the USB window, however the only files that show under the USB drive in the computer menu on the left hand side of screen are the 3 folders:

SanDisk SecureAccess

SanDiskSecureAccess Settings

SanDiskSecureAccess Vault

not the application where all the files are:

SanDiskSecureAccessV3_win

Any ideas on how to get back into the vault?    (it is the same PC that I am trying access from that I used to copy the files across initially)

What happens if you Safely Remove the USB drive and reboot your pc and then try to access your files?

Hi

I have always safely removed the scan disk. I have also tried safe removal and rebooting the pc with no success

Check your Recycle Bin to see if the file got accidently deleted.  If not there try one of the free undelete apps posted here to see it’s still on the drive.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-SanDisk-USB-Flash-Drives/Download-new-version-lost-access-to-all-data-Please-Help/m-p/301789#M5953

If that doesn’t help you may have to reinstall the SecureAccess app.

Hi guys

Just bought loads of 16GB Dial drives and had the err=1 message: Failure reading the filesystems file

After going nuts for the past hour, then reading everyone’s comments on here, I decided to try removing all SanDisk software off the drive (temporarily, to my hard drive) EXCEPT  SanDiskSecureAccessV3_win -  TA-DAAAA!! when I opened the program again, everything worked like a dream and I got the ‘Secure Access - Create a Password’ dialog box, as described on the installation instructions included with the drive. I AM NOW LOOKING AT THE MAIN INTERFACE AFTER SPENDING SECONDS SETTING UP SECURE ACCESS…FINALLY!

Renaming the .exe. file didn’t work for me, by the way. Neither did reformatting the drive. 

I’m about to transfer the other files back to the Dial drive. With a big grin on my face :D 

" I decided to try removing all SanDisk software off the drive (temporarily, to my hard drive) EXCEPT  SanDiskSecureAccessV3_win "

"Neither did reformatting the drive. "

Pretty sure reformatting the drive removed SanDiskSecureAccessV3_win.

Hopefully the other files you plan on transferring back aren’t .dat files.

Hi Ed

It looks like you either didn’t understand my message or I wasn’t clear enough - so for the sake of clarity and other people’s sanity (!)…

I had already tried to rename the v.2 .exe but it made no difference when I double-clicked on it - I still got the error message. So I then tried cutting ALL the files off the Dial (after I’d reversed the file name change), pasting them to my computer desktop, reformatting the Dial, then pasting the files back onto the Dial and trying again with the .exe file but that didn’t work either.

In the end, the only thing that worked was deleting Secure Access v.2, downloading v.3 onto the Dial, leaving that ON the Dial but cutting the other files and pasting them onto my computer desktop…leaving only the v.3 on the Dial. I then double-clicked the v.3 .exe and hey presto…seconds later everything was working. I then pasted the files back onto the Dial from my computer desktop.

I’m guessing it doesn’t matter whether or not the files were .dat files because it worked.

Thank you for the clarification bigblueamazon and for the happy ending.  :smiley:

you should have call to there customer care number where you will get help for sure. If you dont know there Toll Free Number than please visit. 

Customer Online 24/7 Information Support

I tired it … still it wound not open .!!  

Thank you Deponia as I had the same error and your suggestion fixed it in one go

I have been using the Sandisch Secure Access V3 for a few years now. Most of the time it works fine but around 1 in 10 times, when I click to open the file it just seems to freeze with this on screen (see attached picture). I have tried renaming the .exe file, closing it and trying again but the only thing that seems to work is restarting my PC.      Spotify       Vidmate Apk    Apk mod

This problem is very common for all.I also have face same,so i contact AOL customer support for help,they provide me the best service.If you need you can also go there for help.

Deponia,

Thank you for that link address and the instructions. It worked like a charm. I’m so happy for people like you available online to help people like me!

Leiunitus

All you have to do is download the newest version.

Hi, are you still interested in recovering your data or you got rid of your Vault and/or USB Stick?

I can help you save it if you are still interested in recovering your data.