SanDisk Cruzer - new Cruzers no longer PW protect USB Drive????

On my older SanDisk Cruzers, it was possible to password protect access to the drive. When the USB was inserted, you got a request for a password. Very elegant and efficient operation.

I just purchased a 16GB SanDisk and now there is SecureAccess, which seems very cumbersome to use. AND THERE SEEMS TO BE NO WAY to PW protect the flash drive! Inserting the SanDisk allows ANYONE the ability to delete any folders including (if I have this right) the SecureAccess vaults!

And what happened to the user friendly red Cruzer square in the lower right that you could right click to eject the USB drive? 

This is a big step in the WRONG direction. I had come to depend on SanDisk for efficient, elegant, working hardware and software. 

1. Am I correct in concluding that there is no way to restrict access or password protect the USB drive?

2. Is it possible to download or install the Log In software that came with the older USB drives?

3. Can I download the older interface,with the Cruzer icon and right-click eject?

Thank you.

A disappointed SanDisk user

Have you seen this thread??

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Cruzer-flash-drives-Solid-State/SanDisk-SecureAccess-Password-and-encryption-software/td-p/217852

secureaccess is the only password solution for these drives

U3 which was the old interface is end of life and is not compatible with the new drives

no, that was part of U3 which is not compatible with the new drives.

+1  The reply you got was apparently read off a screen script as seems to be so popular nowadays.  Having personnel from the local temp agency for technical support is a very bad business plan.

Just as the questioner, I had an 8 and got a 16.  Sales blather says it is fast and simple.  In actual fact it is very slow and complicated compared to the 8 I’ve been using and you can’t even protect the drive from anybody who wants to screw things up.  You call that secure??  That is NOT secure.

I want my money back!  If I had had the slightest clue how really badly this drive was put together you couldn’t have PAID ME to take it.  I want a 16 GB that is protected like my 8, thing less.  If you absolutely must, you can waste space with that excruciatingly tedious mess you call SecureAccess.  This is the worst thing I have ever paid my hard earned money for.

I can only assume there was a hostile take over and a bunch of bean counters are now in charge.  If this is the new best for SanDisk I will NOT make this mistake again.

Thank you so very sweetly

@jiml wrote:

+1  The reply you got was apparently read off a screen script as seems to be so popular nowadays.  Having personnel from the local temp agency for technical support is a very bad business plan.

@jiml wrote:

I want my money back!  If I had had the slightest clue how really badly this drive was put together you couldn’t have PAID ME to take it.  I want a 16 GB that is protected like my 8, thing less.  If you absolutely must, you can waste space with that excruciatingly tedious mess you call SecureAccess.  This is the worst thing I have ever paid my hard earned money for.

If you’re dis-satisfied with the product, return it to where you bought it from and request a refund. This is a user’s forum; we can’t give you your money back here.

Thank you so very sweetly.