SanDisk Guru

Re: SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB write protected error

"But, i also want to add that as Linux user i 'dislike' Windows as much as Ed... and, surprise surprise, i had 2 o 2 SanDisk that became "permanently protected" (what a bad joke dear Ed)  while using only in Linux.... not Windows fault this time (that also surprised me)."

Thanks for the update.  That would imply to me that the problem is more electrical or heat related than software related.  Makes sense since no software seems able to reset it.

"About the warranty, i wouldn't consider to apply for it,.... because i'll be risking again to win the jackpot with another "instantly write protected" device."

Up to you, it's your money.  The odds of getting one that will have the same problem are slim to none and those that have returned them have said their replacements work fine.

"but i specially disliked how was handled this situation, and how impolite where some answers from the SanDisk experts. Given this, i suspect i won't be purchasing any os their products for a long time."

Your choice.  When did you write to SanDisk about your problem?  What you posted here is to a users group and we, myself included, are just a bunch of users.

Ed
Important files = Backed up files

SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB write protected error why

SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB write protected error why?

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

Bad batch.  Return it, either to where you bought it or to SanDisk.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5232/~/return-material-authorization-(rma)-process

Ed

I have found a solution for this Sandisk Write Protected error problem. It worked on My Sandisk Cruzer 2 GB USB stick, and it might work for the 16 GB version. Open the protected partttion, there might be a Winrar folder, open it, and extract ti to another location. Righ click and run as Administrator the "Launchpad Revoval.exe", and follow instructions, it removed the files, and I was able to format the USB stick as one drive.

I have found a solution for this Sandisk Write Protected error problem. It worked on My Sandisk Cruzer 2 GB USB stick, and it might work for the 16 GB version. Open the protected partttion, there might be a Winrar folder, open it, and extract ti to another location. Righ click and run as Administrator the "Launchpad Revoval.exe", and follow instructions, it removed the files, and I was able to format the USB stick as one drive.

Re: About Write protection of cruzer edge 8gb

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

One post is quite sufficient. There's no need for 3 identical ones. Smiley Frustrated

(Tip: Click on Options in the upper right-hand corner of the post and you, as the originator can delete the 2 duplicates, provided no on has replied to them. I replied to your 1st post, so at least as of right now, you will be able to delete the 2nd & 3rd).

SanDisk Guru

Re: About Write protection of cruzer edge 8gb

[ Edited ]

sputnik,

Thanks for trying to help, but

1. Launchpad Removal is for U3 flash drives and SanDisk doesn't make them anymore.

2. The U3 Removal process formats the drive as a single drive so there is no need to reformat it.

(btw and fwiw I had a dog named Spitnik, when I was a teenager.)

Ed

I HAVE RECEIVED THE ERROR SHOWS AS " WRITE PROTECTION"

HOW TO REMOVE THE SAME??