SanDisk User

Re: SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB write protected error

There are just devices that breaks down for unknown reasons. But I think Sandisk is exerting their best efforts in preventing this.

[ Edited ]

i had just purchased a Sandisk CruzerFit 32gb flash drive to use as a USB troubleshooting/system repair boot disk - all I did was insert the drive and was about to format it and start setting it up when I noticed that there were files on the disk - some sort of Sandisk "Safe" utility, so I decided to copy that file on to my hard drive and was about to format the drive and I immediately got the write protect error.

so i sent the drive in, recieved the replacement, went through the format process, and it fails midway through with the write protect error.

I'm sorry but I have purchased dozens of other brand name USB flash drives and never had a problem like this, so the simplest solution is to just buy a different, less problematic brand.

I just bought a Cruzer flash drive from Walmart for $15 and was able to use it for about five minutes tops, having written something like 200MB to it before it went into write protected status and now it will not let me do anything with the drive.

Now there are personal files on there that I cannot remove by either deleting them or even reformatting the drive, so no chance of taking it back to Walmart for a refund and letting some clerk have access to my personal information.

You people are criminals for knowingly putting a defective product on the market.

SanDisk Guru

I believe there are reports of people who have contacted SanDisk about similar situations being allowed to destroy their drive before returning it to SanDisk for a free replacement.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5232/~/return-material-authorization-(rma)-process

I believe there was also a report of someone who was able to reformat their write protected drive using an Android system.

Ed
Important files = Backed up files

Re: Pendrive Cruze Balde não formata

Eu concordo luciano, tenho kingston sempre compro ele é melhor cluster, mas problema sandisk q eu ganhei presente do trabalho e mais 4 mês é deu problema ahahah... q porcaria! Mas nunca comprei sandisk.

Tentei pular pra gravar cluster sem inicio é disse ERROR I/O, isso dizendo defeito de flash e melhor desistir, comprar outro rsrss.

Solution follows:

1) Smash device with hammer to remove any confidential data

2) Put pieces in bin

3) Buy USB key from a different vendor

4) Vow never to buy a SANdisk product ever again

I have SanDisk Cruzer Edge 16GBMade in ChinaSDCZ51-016GBL131224494B.                        

Done reading all comments, there is still no fix for "The disk is write protected" error.

Also, I have many friends using SanDisk products similar to this problem.

There solution is threw it away, buy a new brand.

How sad. Smiley Sad

I found this problem ScanDisk Cruzer Orbit 16GB too. I did serveral solutions but could not fix it.  I did not found this probem on Kingston, Toshiba, Apacer and HP.   I will not buy ScanDisk any more in future.

Highlighted

Happened twice to me with Kingston's DataTraveller series so this issue is not unique to SanDisk.

[ Edited ]

*Edit: I had to doublecheck that this was Sandisk's official forum with the amount of moronic replies in this thread.

I'm glad sandisk's policy is "throw it away and ask for a new one."

This is laughable.

This is a waste of money, time, and effort.

I cant believe that there are 20 pages in this thread and the "expert" is responding with a bunch of smartass comments about how your data is PROTECTED PERMANENTLY and stuff.

Rediculous. Poor support quality and representation.

Dissapointed in this company now.

Hopefully WD will fix these issues since they bought SanDisk now since apparently they're too incomptetent to take care of their customers themselves.

How hard is it to say "We don't know the cause, we'll exchange it, just put in an RMA request." ???