SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB write protected error

me acaba de pasar lo mismo con un cruzer pop 32gb solo lo conecto y instalo el diver y me pidio formatear  no lo hice y lo saque de modo seguro y dos dias despues lo volvi a usar y cuando lo iba a formatear no me dejo xq estaba en write protection. me comunico con sandisk y ellos mismo me dijeron que no tenia solucion q lo enviara y me devolvian otro. me pregunto que si esto al parecer es algo muy comun en los nuevos modelos xq no los recogen o inventan una solucion rapida. 

:neutral_face:

I hope SanDisk solves this … SOON as there are too many buyers all over the world with this “nonsense” useless pen.

I’ve tried everything that I have read in too many forums fully dedicated to this issue.

I am trying a “revolutionary” software solution and if it works I’ll come back and let you all know.

Meanwhile I ordered another pen from another manufacturer although I continue to use SanDisk products.

EDIT:

I found THE solution … a hardware one … the HAMMER !!!

I will Never Buy any SANDISK Products,

n i will tell all my Friends and Family to Avoid this Product.

SAN DISK…

Thank You Very Much.

1 Like

Hi,

At this point it becomes clear that there is maybe an issue with these SanDisk USB sticks… maybe is a flawed design, maybe a defective batch, it’s hard to say.

But, i also want to add that as Linux user i ‘dislike’ Windows as much as Ed… and, surprise surprise, i had 2 o 2 SanDisk that became “permanently protected” (what a bad joke dear Ed)  while using only in Linux… not Windows fault this time (that also surprised me).

So, now i have to blame an invisible magical rainbow-puking unicorn that goes messing around with the 1% (really?) of Sandisk usb sticks …  

About the warranty, i wouldn’t consider to apply for it,… because i’ll be risking again to win the jackpot with another “instantly write protected” device.

It’s a shame because (it must be said) SanDisk had some nice products, and a not so bad return policy… but i specially disliked how was handled this situation, and how impolite where some answers from the SanDisk experts. Given this, i suspect i won’t be purchasing any os their products for a long time.

Peace to everyone, and better luck next time for those with their “permanently protected” devices XD

.JC

But, i also want to add that as Linux user i ‘dislike’ Windows as much as Ed… and, surprise surprise, i had 2 o 2 SanDisk that became “permanently protected” (what a bad joke dear Ed)  while using only in Linux… not Windows fault this time (that also surprised me).”

Thanks for the update.  That would imply to me that the problem is more electrical or heat related than software related.  Makes sense since no software seems able to reset it.

About the warranty, i wouldn’t consider to apply for it,… because i’ll be risking again to win the jackpot with another “instantly write protected” device.”

Up to you, it’s your money.  The odds of getting one that will have the same problem are slim to none and those that have returned them have said their replacements work fine.

but i specially disliked how was handled this situation, and how impolite where some answers from the SanDisk experts. Given this, i suspect i won’t be purchasing any os their products for a long time.”

Your choice.  When did you write to SanDisk about your problem?  What you posted here is to a users group and we, myself included, are just a bunch of users.

SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB write protected error why

SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB write protected error why?

Bad batch.  Return it, either to where you bought it or to SanDisk.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5232/~/return-material-authorization-(rma)-process

I have found a solution for this Sandisk Write Protected error problem. It worked on My Sandisk Cruzer 2 GB USB stick, and it might work for the 16 GB version. Open the protected partttion, there might be a Winrar folder, open it, and extract ti to another location. Righ click and run as Administrator the “Launchpad Revoval.exe”, and follow instructions, it removed the files, and I was able to format the USB stick as one drive.

I have found a solution for this Sandisk Write Protected error problem. It worked on My Sandisk Cruzer 2 GB USB stick, and it might work for the 16 GB version. Open the protected partttion, there might be a Winrar folder, open it, and extract ti to another location. Righ click and run as Administrator the “Launchpad Revoval.exe”, and follow instructions, it removed the files, and I was able to format the USB stick as one drive.

One post is quite sufficient. There’s no need for 3 identical ones. :confounded:

(Tip: Click on Options in the upper right-hand corner of the post and you, as the originator can delete the 2 duplicates, provided no on has replied to them. I replied to your 1st post, so at least as of right now, you will be able to delete the 2nd & 3rd).

sputnik ,

Thanks for trying to help, but

1. Launchpad Removal is for U3 flash drives and SanDisk doesn’t make them anymore.

2. The U3 Removal process formats the drive as a single drive so there is no need to reformat it.

(btw and fwiw I had a dog named Spitnik, when I was a teenager.)

I HAVE RECEIVED THE ERROR SHOWS AS " WRITE PROTECTION"

HOW TO REMOVE THE SAME??

The drive is broken, return it.  Return it to the place where you bought it or to SanDisk directly.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5232/~/return-material-authorization-(rma)-process

I have the same issue as many of you. When I posted the problem to Sandisk technical support I received the following reply:

"… Thanks for emailing SanDisk Technical Support. It is our goal to make sure you have all the resources you need to get the most from your product.

I understand that you are getting write protection error while accessing your 16GB Cruzer Blade drive. This is because the flash drive has detected a potential fault and became write-protected to prevent data loss. There is no method to fix this, you will need to back-up your data and replace the flash drive; we do apologize for this inconvenience… "

Followed by procedure to return under guarantee. So now we know for sure that the problem can not be resolved.

Amigos, tenho buscado uma solução pro pendrive sandisk cruzerblade de 8 gb que comprei, salvei 408 mb de dados, e só, não consigo salvar mais nada nele, nem formatar, nem apagar separado, nem pelo prompt, nem uma série de coisas que tentei, no xp, no windows 7, no linux… O detalhe é que sempre compro KINGSTON,  e nunca tive problemas, foi pular pra essa marca vagabunda e veio esse problema. se alguém tiver uma solução, manda uma luz aí…

E DESDE JÁ DIGO, NÃO NÃO NÃO COMPREM NADA DA SANDISK!!!

No hablo alemán aquí. :wink:

I have a cruzer pop 16GB for three weeks and i had used it only once i have saved some and some movies and after i access it the second time it’s already “write protected” which i can access the file within the usb but i can’t delete and add files and i can’t even format my usb i have used many kind of usb and i have never encountered this kind of error. my OS is windows vista i had already tried it to different computer but it always the same error. i have done all the remedies posted in the net but still nothing and i have read a thread that sandisk already know this defects in their usb and my question is why is it still being sold in the market and they even said that sandisk said there are still no remedy and just “replace” the usb wtf. how can a company sell ■■■■ and just get away with people money? I was really interested buying it because i saw it was very cheap compared to my earlier sony usb that is still working i should have trusted a brand that i know i can depend on

@wtfson wrote:

I was really interested buying it because i saw it was very cheap compared to my earlier sony usb that is still working

There you go. Less money does not necessarily mean value. Or to put it another way, you get what you pay for. :wink:

1 Like