SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB write protected error

few days ago i make my pen drive bootable to win7 .now my pendrive is giving me write protection error .what should i do now .i tried all the tricks but non of them work

Contact SanDisk for a RMA and send it to them for a replacement.

Correct, I also worked before for a computer company. You check it first with tech support over the phone, and RMA if it’s proven to be a hardware issue.

I tried REGEDIT method but still my usb shows write protected.

I had the same problem. I tried many ways, different  methods from different  sites,even manufacturer didn’t help me.  Then I found a very very good solution for remove the write protection from my sandisk pendrive ie; Throw it to waste bucket and buy a new one. Remember dont buy SANDISK. Because it has no technical support from manufacturer and other companies like TRANSCEND make less problems like this.

okay…

Regards,

sreekumariti@yahoo.co.in

1 Like

TRANSCEND doesn’t have a user’s support forum like SanDisk does so if you have problems with their devices where you going to whine??

Did you write to SanDisk at all about your problem??

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/ask/

plzzzzz help me my usb sandisk cruzer edge is showing me write protection error how can i remove it my files do not go inside and files presnt in it can be deleted

sry files cant be deleted

i have tried every thing possible 

Hi,

This is to inform you that, i am also facing the same problem;’ the disk is write protected.

How can i solve my problem? plz guide.

otherwise tell, how would i refund to u. ?

“write protection error how can i remove it

"How can i solve my problem? plz guide."

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/ask/

Post has been removed due to profanity and personal attacks. This should serve as your first and only warning. Please take some time to read our forum rules and guidelines. Please remember to keep it clean and civil. 

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

This is a problem that needs to be addressed, and you know it

Yup, and the solution to the problem is to backup your files and return the device.  There is  NO fix.

Face the facts kid.

calister,

Please take some time to read our forum rules and guidelines. This will serve as your first only only warning. Profanity and personal attacks will not be tolerated. Keep it clean and civil or you will be permanently banned. 

I have edited your post to remove personal attacks and profanity. 

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

1 Like

when i am trying to format my 8gb pen drive it shows disk is write protect could no able to copy or delete the data kindly give me a proper solution getting out of the problem.

@ramu wrote:

when i am trying to format my 8gb pen drive it shows disk is write protect could no able to copy or delete the data kindly give me a proper solution getting out of the problem.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-SanDisk-USB-Flash-Drives/SanDisk-Cruzer-Blade-16GB-write-protected-error/m-p/287150/highlight/true#M3703

or

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-SanDisk-USB-Flash-Drives/SanDisk-Cruzer-Blade-16GB-write-protected-error/m-p/282484/highlight/true#M3339

or

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-SanDisk-USB-Flash-Drives/SanDisk-Cruzer-Blade-16GB-write-protected-error/m-p/281080/highlight/true#M3212

1 Like

me acaba de pasar lo mismo con un cruzer pop 32gb solo lo conecto y instalo el diver y me pidio formatear  no lo hice y lo saque de modo seguro y dos dias despues lo volvi a usar y cuando lo iba a formatear no me dejo xq estaba en write protection. me comunico con sandisk y ellos mismo me dijeron que no tenia solucion q lo enviara y me devolvian otro. me pregunto que si esto al parecer es algo muy comun en los nuevos modelos xq no los recogen o inventan una solucion rapida. 

:neutral_face:

I hope SanDisk solves this … SOON as there are too many buyers all over the world with this “nonsense” useless pen.

I’ve tried everything that I have read in too many forums fully dedicated to this issue.

I am trying a “revolutionary” software solution and if it works I’ll come back and let you all know.

Meanwhile I ordered another pen from another manufacturer although I continue to use SanDisk products.

EDIT:

I found THE solution … a hardware one … the HAMMER !!!

I will Never Buy any SANDISK Products,

n i will tell all my Friends and Family to Avoid this Product.

SAN DISK…

Thank You Very Much.

1 Like

Hi,

At this point it becomes clear that there is maybe an issue with these SanDisk USB sticks… maybe is a flawed design, maybe a defective batch, it’s hard to say.

But, i also want to add that as Linux user i ‘dislike’ Windows as much as Ed… and, surprise surprise, i had 2 o 2 SanDisk that became “permanently protected” (what a bad joke dear Ed)  while using only in Linux… not Windows fault this time (that also surprised me).

So, now i have to blame an invisible magical rainbow-puking unicorn that goes messing around with the 1% (really?) of Sandisk usb sticks …  

About the warranty, i wouldn’t consider to apply for it,… because i’ll be risking again to win the jackpot with another “instantly write protected” device.

It’s a shame because (it must be said) SanDisk had some nice products, and a not so bad return policy… but i specially disliked how was handled this situation, and how impolite where some answers from the SanDisk experts. Given this, i suspect i won’t be purchasing any os their products for a long time.

Peace to everyone, and better luck next time for those with their “permanently protected” devices XD

.JC