Restoring to factory settings

@Ed_P #Message2

Yeah, really, kid.

@markmk #Message1

Download and install Club Sandisk for USB Flash Drives. This will restore your USB Flash Drive contents (partially)

http://www.sandisk.com/goto/ClubSanDiskUSB/
Club SanDisk For USB Flash Drives

Then you can make a folder named as “SanDisk SecureAccess 2.0” and download the appropriate setup file into that folder:

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2399

After executing the file, a new folder will be automatically created, called “SanDiskSecureAccess Vault” with its specific icon, and all the encrypted files will be stored in it.

These two steps restore the (original) factory settings/configuration on your SanDisk Blade Cruzer

These two steps restore the (original) factory settings/configuration on your SanDisk Blade Cruzer

No, they will not.  They will simply reinstall the two SanDisk apps.  They will not reformat the flash drive.  If you don’t believe me, format your flash drive as NTFS.  Follow your steps.  Let us know what format the drive is when you’re done.

That’s what markmik asks actually.

And if you can read on http://www.sandisk.com/goto/ClubSanDiskUSB/ :

“If you accidentally formatted the drive, click the button below”. So, in this case “accidentally formatting” means, the person who formatted the drive did not know SanDisk icon would disappear, together with Secure Access, and then that it wouldn’t be too easy to “reload” those files onto the drive.

And instead of trying to find mistakes or impossible actions in topic titles or the question, I would try to understand what people need, if you really want to help. It just would be quite adequate to try to understand what people want to tell. No one knows everything. Just if you can do things right, what you should do right; it would be already good.

And did you click on the link you espouse to be a solution to “accidently formating”?  Does it bring you to an app to reformat the drive back to original manufactured state?  No, it simply brings you to a link to download Club Sandisk, with no mention of another standard app named SecureAccess.

But your posting does attempt to include SecureAccess so the user will have most of the factory configuration originally on the drive. 

Of course he will have waited almost 2 years to get your answer. :smileyvery-happy:

Yes, I clicked on the link. And yes, I’m sure it’s the solution asked by markmik.

“I need the original factory folders again.”, said marmik.

2 years, because I’ve just read the topic. Instead of laughing and bullying and so on, I’ve placed the answer for who still needs that kind of solution. You are already 4 years active in at least 1 forum, and I guess you even don’t know this has nothing to do with the Late Night Show with Jimmy Fallon. Furthermore, in forums like this, problems are discussed which mostly concern more people having similar problem.

I also formatted my flash drive because my files became unrecoverable as it had been infected by a virus of highly dangerous threat type. When I coulnd’t find the original SanDisk files stored on my FlashDrive, I began to search for “SanDisk Factory state”, “SanDisk restore factory settings”, and so on, and I liked the title “Restoring to factory settings” as I thought there was a similar problem and there would be people who within two years must’ve  found some solution. I saw some ■■■■■ answers instead. Well, I’ve found the solution on my own and wanted to try to help other people having the same problem in the future, or in the far future, who knows?

Huge things change within two years on our planet. Things develop, become mostly better (that’s the objective), smarter, like people as well. Your style is still the one from 500 B.C.

2 Likes

Could you tell me what would you do, if you had the same problem and you decided to search for a similar situation?
SanDisk Cruzer Blade is one of the best USB Flash Drives, and it exists for more than 2 years, and you know it.

I’m sure it’s the solution asked by markmik.

“I need the original factory folders again.”, said marmik.

Actually I agree with you.  

My mind set when I see the phrase “factory settings” has always been the arrrangement and alignment of the clusters on the drive.  But your interpetation could very well be what people are asking.  Thanks for pointing it out.

I also formatted my flash drive

I coulnd’t find the original SanDisk files stored on my FlashDrive

What part of formatting don’t you understand?  I’m tempted to say it deletes everything on the drive but technically that is not correct, in 99% percent of the cases it only erases the File Allocation Table entries.  But the result is the same, ALL FILES are GONE.

Well, I’ve found the solution on my own and wanted to try to help other people having the same problem in the future, or in the far future, who knows?

You are obviously a kind person.

Your style is still the one from 500 B.C.

You should know.  You still building pyramids? :wink:

“Actually I agree with you.”

Nice. I’m glad.

“What part of formatting don’t you understand?  I’m tempted to say it deletes everything on the drive but technically that is not correct, in 99% percent of the cases it only erases the File Allocation Table entries.  But the result is the same, ALL FILES are GONE.”

Did I ask something?

“You are obviously a kind person.”

Thank you! It’s not difficult, just if you want it… And it doesn’t have to be difficult. So, you too. 

“You should know.  You still building pyramids?”

Virtual ones.

i mistakenly reformated the drive.  How do I get the encription software back on the drive?

I recieved a new san disk flashdrive. whilst transferring info from usb 2.0 flashdrive (another san disk) to this new one…I deleted the factory installed san disk software. I want to format it again. 

when i lost my softwaRE, IT RENAMED ITSELF fAT32. WHY? 

Step 1

Plug the SanDisk Cruzer into a USB port on the computer to register the drive in Windows.

Step 2

Click the “Desktop” tile in the Windows Start screen to open the Desktop.

Step 3

Click the “U3“ icon in the Windows notification taskbar to display the U3 menu.

Step 4

Click “Settings,” and then click “U3 Launchpad Settings” to open the settings menu.

Step 5

Click the “Uninstall” option in the left panel, and then click the “Uninstall U3 Launchpad” button in the right panel.

Step 6

Click “Next.” The Restore Option dialog box opens. Click the “Yes” radio button to restore the files saved on the drive after the reformatting process, or click “No” to permanently remove all files.

Step 7

Click “Format.” The U3 Launchpad application is uninstalled and the U3 partition is reformatted. Next, reformat the entire drive to reclaim all space on the device.

Reformat Drive

Step 1

Plug the SanDisk Cruzer into a USB port on the computer to register the drive in Windows.

Step 2

Press “Windows-C” to open the Charms menu, then type “Computer” in the Search field. As you type, the Computer shortcut displays.

Step 3

Click the “Computer” link to open the Computer window.

Step 4

Right-click the “SanDisk” drive to display the context menu.

Step 5

Click “Format” in the context menu to open the Format dialog box.

Step 6

Click “OK” to format the drive. The Format SanDisk screen opens.

Step 7

Click the “Restore Device Defaults” option to reformat the drive and restore the original factory settings. Note that this option will reinstall U3 Launchpad if the program was originally installed on your drive. If you do not want to reinstall the U3 partition, proceed to the next step without clicking “Restore Device Defaults.”

Step 8

Click “Start.” The drive is reformatted, and the Format Complete dialog box displays when the process is finished.

Step 9

Click “OK” and remove the USB drive from the computer port.

"Step 3

Click the “U3“ icon in the Windows notification taskbar to display the U3 menu."

SanDisk hasn’t made U3 drives since 2008.

"Step 5

Click “Format” in the context menu to open the Format dialog box."

New drives are formated as Super Floppies and I don’t think Windows supports formatting as that.

I also want to now how te restore USB flash drive to factory defoults whitout mbr pbr.

Why ther is no ifo on flash to windows read and make defoults.

My blade is writing whit 250KB sec 

Dont put in damaged usb 3 they will brick your expensive setup

Just so you know, it’s yet another 4 years later, and this thread is still helpful, thanks to you. I didn’t format my cruzer drive, I deleted a bunch of folders off it using BeyondCompare after copying them to my hard drive. Then I notices one of the folders was the System folder and was hidden. I wasn’t sure whether these were just normal files and folders and whether everything would be back to normal if I just copied them back (they are not in my recycle bin), or whether in fact they required fixed locations on the flash drive ( recall the days of DOS and autoexec.bat and config.sys). From what I’m reading here, it appears they are normal files, so I should be fine.

“SanDisk hasn’t made U3 drives since 2008.” Doesn’t mean people don’t still have them. People still have and use Windows XP, too. Rebeccah

XP is unsupported too Rebeccah.  :wink:

I have 2 U3 drives, both working, and I’m sorry they are no longer made.