Rest PW

I have 32GB Cruzer Switch being used on an iMac. I have downloaded the necessary software for use on my  iMac but now get a window asking for my password which I cannot remember. There is no link to reset. Is it possible to reset and if so how?

There is a forgot password link. if you configured a hint it can help you remember the password but if you did not configure a hint or still cannot remember the password you will have to delete the vault and recreate it. 

as a side note the password software is not required. if you do not have a need for password protection just delete the app and use the flash drive as a normal drive. 

Yes, I just want to store misc files. Tell me which of the lines of possibilities show  will delete the app as you suggested.

FOLLOW UP

This is list in finder of files on the Cruzer. I have deleted the vault you suggested and rest the PW.

club_application
Library
RunClubSanDisk.exe
SanDiskSecureAccess
SanDiskSecureAccess Vault
SanDiskSecureAccessV2_mac.app

none of those are needed to sue the drive. you can delete them all if you don’t need password protection. 

OK, got it. I’have deleted all the file so now will use as straight forward storage device. Is it necessary to format after all these files  are gone?

@rayj wrote:

OK, got it. I’have deleted all the file so now will use as straight forward storage device. Is it necessary to format after all these files  are gone?

No.