Re: PLEASE HELP - Can not access vault files

Hi,

I have the same problem. Tried the solution provided but can't find the.idx.bak file. 

Where excatly is it? 

Thanks in advance ...

If that was the case, I would be told that a problem exists due to a drive being opened. close the drive and try again. It does just what I said and my disk files are healthy according to CHDSK command. I sure didn't secure my disk. Placed new disk in usb port copied all files from my documents. removed disk checked the results...everything was fine...it showed that I had 2 point something gigs on my disk. I found some pictures that I wanted to add to those 2. something gigs the same way I installed the documents initially. That's when I get the: This disk is write protected. I think I might purchase another one and immediately format it in the Ntfs format. I can find sandisks like mine with free shipping and only $14. That's something I can live with. I'll try my suggestion and let the forum know the results when I purchase another one.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Formating a flash drive to a disk format is a bad idea.  New ones come preformatted for efficiency no need to screw it up.  If you don't want to use Secure Access delete the files and folders.  Using NTFS could be the cause of the disk freeze problem.

Ed
Important files = Backed up files