New 16GB Ultra fit is slow

Just got the new 3.0 ultra fit that says up tp 130mb/s . i got 3 3.0 ports on my laptop.  I transfered a music folder (800mb) and it took a lot more than 7-10 seconds…  It also isn’t called Sandisk just called Removable Disk E.

What else was the pc doing during the copy?  Is your USB drive configured for performance or safety?  Does your pc’s security system validate all writes to removable drives?

Looks like the speed here is only around 115 Mbps transfer rate for you. It has actually a lot of factors that affects the speed. Try transferring from a fresh system restart though if it makes a difference.

I just bought three of these and I get a max of about 7 mb/sec, while to an external disc I get 80mb/sec with the same files.  Seems to be a relatively common problem.  Is there a fix?

What else was the pc doing during the copy?  Is your USB drive configured for performance or safety?  Does your pc’s security system validate all writes to removable drives?  Were you using SecureAccess?

The only thing I was doing was the copy.  USB is configured for safety, but I’ve also tried it set for performance with no change.  Don’t know about the write validation - how do I check?  I was not using SecureAccess.

Some antivirus/antimalware apps check files written to and read from removable drives.  Check what apps you have for security and see if they have log enties for when you are using the flash drive.

I have the same problem with Sandisk ultrafit 16 Gb; on USB 3.0 starts writing on 40 MB/sec and after 10 sec drops to 10 MB/sec and stabilize on it. On USB 2.0 port it stars at 20MB/sec and drops to 10MB/sec: I use Win 10 on I5 procesor, with USB 3.0 ports on MB.

I have the same problem with Sandisk ultra fit 16 Gb; on USB 3.0 starts writing on 40 MB/sec and after 10 sec drops to 10 MB/sec and stabilize on it. On USB 2.0 port it stars at 20MB/sec and drops to 10MB/sec: I use Win 10 on I5 processor, with USB 3.0 ports on MB.