Need a Sandisk USB fixed drive

Good day everyone,

I’m searching for a cheap  Sandisk USB fixed drive. Reason for that is  I need to make Windows installations in UEFI mode from USB drives, and two partitions are needed for that : one in FAT32 (where UEFI file(s) are stored), and one NTFS partition where install.wim is stored (since file is > 4Gb - AIO versions including Windows updates).

Sure, I can use WindowsToGo certified drives, but price is outrageous , especially when used for Windows installations only. I’m searching for a cheap drive, not necessarily USB3.0, since needed from time to time.

Sure, I can use script made by  Murphy78 on  MDL Forum , but way far too complicated for that.

So my question : who knows a reference of Sandisk USB (even an older one - that can be found NOS or used on eBay) that would fit my needs?

Thanks in advance!

Nobody has an idea? Apparently, it seems that Sandisk sold these drives 2-3 years ago, i.e. having removable media bit set to fixed drive.

Thanks for your answer(s)!

sandisk no longer makes any fixed disk drive. Additionally there is no way to tell the difference in the ones that were made fixed disk in the past. If you are looking for a drive for windows to go look for a manufacturer that makes a windows to go specific drive so you can ensure you get a fixed disk USB drive. 

@dj831 wrote:

who knows a reference of Sandisk USB (even an older one - that can be found NOS or used on eBay) that would fit my needs?

Hi all, who can give me a answer about that ?

Thanks in advance.

You should look online for people wishing to sell one, like eBay, Amazon, etc.

Hi Ed, you’re right. but for that, I need a reference :wink: