Missing SecureAccess Vault

Hi! Smiley Happy I find Sandisk Flash Drives are good but once I open my flash drive, my vault is missing. All my files in there are missing too. The only folder in there is named System Volume Information. What I am going to do? I need your help. 

SanDisk Professor

Re: Missing SecureAccess Vault

Smiley Happy   Hi Yannie,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

- System Volume Information, is one of the Windows System folders, and must be hidden.

If you the see, go Tools / Folder Options, tab View and marks in: not show hidden files and folders, and hide files protected of the Operating System.

- If it is in the Flash Driver (UFD), implies that it is, an unit fixed or not removable.

Well, then try installing again, SanDisk SecureAccess Software, and see what happens.

Remember that, there are two softwares, one for Windows and one for Mac.

Compatibility:
SanDisk SecureAccess software is supported by Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Mac OS 10.5 and up.

Use with a Mac requires other software download.

And SanDisk SecureAccess Software you must install in the UFD.

The latest version of SanDiskSecureAccessV2, you can download (free) from here:

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2399
                                                                    http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2413

1-     Download on the UFD, to SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win, (if you have PC).

Beware 1: If you see thus: SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win.exe, go Tools / Folder Options, tab View and mark: hide file extensions, and also mark the choices: hide files protected, and not show hidden files and folders.

2-      Then, you install the program, password, etc. And you will have two files:
2.1-   SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win, (the application).
2.2-   SanDiskSecureAccess Vault, (which is the folder that contains the encrypted files).
2.3-   If you lose or delete to SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win (2.1), there is no problem, as download other, and ready.
2.4-   But if you lose or delete a SanDiskSecureAccess Vault (2.2), missed all content.
2.5-   If, you can change the name, the application (2.1).
2.6-   Do not you can change the name, the folder/Vault (2.2), because the name is generated by the application (2.1), and if you change it, the application will not open, and will generate a new Vault.
2.7-   If, you can move on, too, to the application (2.1), a any folder.
2.8-   You can not move the folder/Vault (2.2). You the should leave, it in the root of the UFD because that is where, the application (2.1) the going "to find".
2.9-   There is an option (in the toolbar My Vault), which generates a Backup (for SandiskSecureAccess Vault), to your PC.

2.10- To extract the file outside from My Vault, in the a folder, select and click right in the file which is inside of My Vault.

In the menu click the left button in to "save file to" and in the new menu choose new folder, and then button to save.

Beware 2: Always make, backup content, copy the Vault, clone the UFD, etc., and save everything in "safe place".

Enjoy!

Regards, Alfred.                                                             (Google translated)

SanDisk User

How about reformatting this instead? I'm not sure though but I think it would reset to default and that should enable for Secure Access to be placed back.

Dear Alfred

You said that

2.6-   Do not you can change the name, the folder/Vault (2.2), because the name is generated by the application (2.1), and if you change it, the application will not open, and will generate a new Vault.

what i somehow i have renamed it

now SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win  does not ask for password ......it reinstalled again .

and the process of new password and new vault.

Is there any way so that i can retrieve my files form previous vault that i renamed.Files  extension is in .dat files .

Pls reply

Regards,

SanDisk Professor

Smiley Happy   Hi Emke,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

Well, friend maybe we can fix the problem.

There are two ways: A) Backup, or B) back to the time when "it was all good."

A)  Tell me if you made the backup to your PC:

2.9- There is an option (in the toolbar My Vault), which generates a Backup (for SandiskSecureAccess Vault), to your PC.

-  If you did it, you have [ SanDiskSecureAccess Vault ] on your PC, then we continue with A).

-  If you did not, we continue with B).

Luck, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                                                            (Google translated)

[ Edited ]

Whats B, i changed the name with out a back up, they should make that alot clearer on instructions, i did a trail program and it said they are there but have to pay to recover, surely i can do this myself?

SanDisk Professor

Smiley Happy   Hi Brreilly,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.    (1)

Mmm... Carefully read, the Message # 5

Luck, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                                 (Google translated)

I have a similar problem.  On the SanDisk USB, I created a work folder for some work files.  Then, I created another folder called Miscellaneous.  I moved the SanDiskSecureAccess Vault in to that folder.  When I go in to that Miscellaneous folder and open the Vault now, all the secure files I placed in there have vanished.  Usage-wise on the USB, however, they appear to still be on there given the overall amount of USB storage used and available.  The USB did create a 'new' Vault in the main area, and I went in to that Vault...same problem.  These files must be somewhere still on this USB.  How do I 'see' or 'access' them? I did not backup the USB prior to moving files around within the USB, because I didn't think it would be a problem. 

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Maybe putting the vault back to it's original location will help.

Ed
Important files = Backed up files