Missing SecureAccess Vault

Hi! :slight_smile: I find Sandisk Flash Drives are good but once I open my flash drive, my vault is missing. All my files in there are missing too. The only folder in there is named System Volume Information. What I am going to do? I need your help. 

:smiley:   Hi Yannie,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

_ - System Volume Information, is one of the Windows System folders, and must be hidden._

If you the see, go Tools / Folder Options, tab View and marks in: not show hidden files and folders, and hide files protected of the Operating System.

- _If it is in the Flash Driver (UFD), implies that it is, an unit fixed or not removable. _

Well, then try installing again, SanDisk SecureAccess Software, _ and see what happens. _

Remember that, there are two softwares, one for Windows and one for Mac.

Compatibility:
SanDisk SecureAccess software is supported by Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Mac OS 10.5 and up.

Use with a Mac requires other software download.

_ And SanDisk SecureAccess Software you must install in the UFD. _

The latest version of SanDiskSecureAccessV2 , you can download (free) from here:

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2399
                                                                    http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2413

1-     Download on the UFD, to SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win, (if you have PC).

Beware 1: If you see thus: SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win .exe, go Tools / Folder Options, tab View and mark: hide file extensions, and also mark the choices: hide files protected, and not show hidden files and folders.

2-      Then, you install the program, password, etc. And you will have two files:
2.1-    SanDiskSecureAccessV2_ win , (the application).
2.2-    SanDiskSecureAccess Vault , (which is the folder that contains the encrypted files).
2.3-    If you lose or delete to SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win (2.1), there is no problem, as download other, and ready.
2.4-    But if you lose or delete a SanDiskSecureAccess Vault (2.2), missed all content.
2.5-    If, you can change the name, the application (2.1).
2.6-    Do not you can change the name, the folder/Vault (2.2), because the name is generated by the application (2.1), and if you change it, the application will not open, and will generate a new Vault.
2.7-   If, you can move on, too, to the application (2.1), a any folder.
2.8-    You can not move the folder/Vault (2.2). You the should leave, it in the root of the UFD because that is where, the application (2.1) the going “to find”.
2.9-    There is an option (in the toolbar My Vault), _ which generates a Backup _ (for SandiskSecureAccess Vault), to your PC.

2.10- To extract the file outside from My Vault, in the a folder, select and click right in the file which is inside of My Vault.

In the menu click the left button in to “save file to” and in the new menu choose new folder, and then button to save.

Beware 2: Always make, backup content, copy the Vault, clone the UFD, etc., and save everything in “safe place”.

Enjoy!

Regards, Alfred.                                                             (Google translated)

How about reformatting this instead? I’m not sure though but I think it would reset to default and that should enable for Secure Access to be placed back.

Dear Alfred

You said that

2.6-    Do not you can change the name, the folder/Vault (2.2), because the name is generated by the application (2.1), and if you change it, the application will not open, and will generate a new Vault.

what i somehow i have renamed it

now SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win  does not ask for password …it reinstalled again .

and the process of new password and new vault.

Is there any way so that i can retrieve my files form previous vault that i renamed.Files  extension is in .dat files .

Pls reply

Regards,

:smiley:   Hi Emke,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

Well, friend maybe we can fix the problem.

There are two ways: A) Backup, or B) back to the time when “it was all good.”

A)  Tell me if you made the backup to your PC:

2.9- There is an option (in the toolbar My Vault), which generates a Backup (for SandiskSecureAccess Vault), to your PC.

-  If you did it, you have [ SanDiskSecureAccess Vault ] on your PC, then we continue with A).

-  If you did not, we continue with B).

Luck, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                                                            (Google translated)

Whats B, i changed the name with out a back up, they should make that alot clearer on instructions, i did a trail program and it said they are there but have to pay to recover, surely i can do this myself?

:smiley:   Hi Brreilly,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.    (1)

Mmm… Carefully read, the Message # 5

Luck, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                                 (Google translated)

I have a similar problem.  On the SanDisk USB, I created a work folder for some work files.  Then, I created another folder called Miscellaneous.  I moved the SanDiskSecureAccess Vault in to that folder.  When I go in to that Miscellaneous folder and open the Vault now, all the secure files I placed in there have vanished.  Usage-wise on the USB, however, they appear to still be on there given the overall amount of USB storage used and available.  The USB did create a ‘new’ Vault in the main area, and I went in to that Vault…same problem.  These files must be somewhere still on this USB.  How do I ‘see’ or ‘access’ them? I did not backup the USB prior to moving files around within the USB, because I didn’t think it would be a problem. 

Maybe putting the vault back to it’s original location will help.

Re: Invalid Parent Path in Archive
https://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-SecureAccess-2-0/Invalid-Parent-Path-in-Archive/td-p/336520/page/2

Options

‎12-22-2019 09:24 AM

Try this, it worked for me, probably, until the next time it doesn’t…using version 3…maybe works with version 2?

Each time you do a “repair” it basically creates a new index.dat file. I found my index.dat file by following this rabbit hole: clicking the “SanDiskSecureAccess Vault” file with a vault icon -> scrolling to the bottom -> that’s where the index.dat lives (rather, repeatedly dies). I’ve had index.dat, indexdat (without the “dot” as mentioned elsewhere), index.dat (2), index.dat (3), etc etc. 

DELETE them all. That’s right, delete all of the index.dat files as you’d like to delete Sandisk (or others in bed together) from your life permanently for this annoying tactic to bridge you into the cloud and thereby make it easier for you to lose all data (and a fortune with monthly payments) to nefarious backroom deals regarding “security” and “privacy”. It’s scary, yes, be brave. At least you might learn a little. 

Do a final “repair”. It will make an index.dat file. Yaye. This time it seems to be linked and synced…until the next time it isn’t of course…or until it’s “no longer supported”, as if it was in the first place.

Tips: Don’t ever love a company, it’ll never love you back. Love people instead. Dogs are people too. Perhaps buy an alternative brand to SanDisk, and back up to them as well. Now you’ve got SanDisk, and some other brand, each with your data in case one is targeted. Keep your usb, ssd, etc in an electrostatic bag, then a ziplock, then a fireproof box (or buy a safe deposit box and keep data off-site but rely on, and pay, the bank). BestBuy gave me some free e-bags when they continually screwed the pooch. You can buy some. Don’t mess with the other files, they’re there “for your security, so that everything will be okay, and the situation is contained”. Just click the SanDiskSecureAccessV3_win, enter your password, and hope you aren’t dooped again. Mac people, no idea what your problems are, but they’re probably similar. 

Alternatively, don’t use Sandisk if their support isn’t up to par. Go and get some fresh air ; ) while we still have some…

By, for, of, 

Lab

P.S. (5 years after the original post, lol)

Dear Alfred,

I have a similar case. After I rename the vault, all the files are empty and unfortunately I didn’t manage to backup at first. May I know what do you mean by continue with B (Back to the time when ‘it was all good’) I hope you can clarify more on this because the file missing is really important for me.

Thank You

Best regards,
Raymah

Dear Alfred,

I appreciate if I can get the reply as soon as possible on this matter regards to my previous reply.

Thank You

Best regards,
Raymah

Cacho

:slight_smile: SanDisk Community Member

Dear Raymah,
Friend, don’t despair…
I answer you, in honor of your respectful and warm message.

You say:
[… after renaming the vault, all files are empty].

Please if you read my previous message, (it is eight messages above yours), [to “Yannie”, October 10, 2014, 4:20 am], CAREFULLY: there is the answer !!

Said:

• 2.4- But if you lose or delete [SanDiskSecureAccess Vault] (2.2), all content will be lost.

• 2.6- You cannot change the name to the / Vault (2.2) folder, because the name is generated by the application (2.1), AND IF YOU CHANGE IT, the application will not open, and a new Vault will be generated.

You understand? It is very simple.

Go back to the previous state, to the “time when everything was fine”: Put the original name to the vault and voila! [SanDiskSecureAccess Vault]. Before, delete the new one, generated.

And please tell me if there was joy.

PS: Well, after 7 years !!! I see that the problems continue with this App and the users, not IT.
I never understood why SanDisk promoted it …

• I recommend you, an App (free), simple and easy to use, that already, at that time (and since 1995), was well known and respected, and widely used by me, which is called: WinRar [WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files], to install.
Or if you prefer Portable (the company discontinued it years ago), you can get old portable versions (not obsolete) at: [My Files].

Yes, in addition to being a compressor and portabilizer, it is an excellent encryptor.
Before, you take a look at the help file, and voila.

Greetings, Alfred. (Google translated)

Nota: The End, Tengo wXP3 tuneado, y esta web no permite entrar. (…GGGRRR).
Para responder este mensaje, tuve que pedir prestada una Pc con w10.
Saludos, Alfred Von Der Cacho.

Dear Alfred,

Hi there! I hope you’re having a great week.

Unfortunately, the file seems to be permanently disappear and I don’t think there will be another way to retrieve it back. SO I decided to forget about it and mourn Hahaha jk

Anyway I truly appreciate for your guidance and your recommendation.

Have a great holiday! Thank You!

Best regards,
Raymah