SanDisk Guru

Re: Login Problem

[ Edited ]

is thre anyway i can delet pass and keep ma data

No, next time write it down.  SecureAccess doesn't have a bypass option.

Ed
Important files = Backed up files

i have the same problem...forgot my password... i would like to ask if the data in ''my vaults'' will be lost if i will errase RunSanDiskSecureAccess_Win.exe

when u say delete everything do you mean EVERerything and leave nothing on the drive?

Hi Guys New to this don't know what really to delete i deleted the access logo and vault and downloaded this>>>(
- Download for PC (8MB) ) not working can someone give me step by step directions on how to reset my drives...yes i was dumb enough to mess up twice

SanDisk Guru

mikearma wrote:

i have the same problem...forgot my password... i would like to ask if the data in ''my vaults'' will be lost if i will errase RunSanDiskSecureAccess_Win.exe

if you forgot your password there is no way to recover the data. you can delete the secure access software and vault to regain use of the full capacity of the drive but you will not be able to recover the data that was encrypted. 

SanDisk Guru

RedFlag wrote:

Hi Guys New to this don't know what really to delete i deleted the access logo and vault and downloaded this>>>(
- Download for PC (8MB) ) not working can someone give me step by step directions on how to reset my drives...yes i was dumb enough to mess up twice

Not sure what you mean by reset the drive. If you forgot the password the data that was encrypted is not recoverable. if you want to continue using password and encryption you can reinstall secure access but you will not be able to recover any data that was previously encrypted. 

thats fine i didn't have any data on there yet. I just put a password on them and then lost it. What do i do?

SanDisk Guru

I recommend you delete all the files and folders on the flash drive.  Then if you're not interested in security use the drive as you would any USB drive.  If you are interested in securing some files on it then download the lastest file for SecureAccess, v3.0 I think, copy the download to the flash drive and execute it there.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2399/related/1/kw/secureaccess/r_id/101834

Ed
Important files = Backed up files

THANK YOU I i got it!

hello mr Ed. if i got the same problem. i forgot my password. my question is if i delete all files in the drive, are the files inside the vault going to be just fine or lost? thank you