Login Problem

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-SanDisk-USB-Flash-Drives/Login-Problem/m-p/293103#M4709

Ed, this link does not seem to work.

I have lost my password, and need help.

Thanks,

Em

Hi Ed,

I got your previous reply, ie to delete all filed on the drive through Windows Explorer.

Please advise whether it would let me set up a new password.

Many Thanks, Em

Once the files are all deleted the password capability will be gone also.

Ed, Many thanks for your prompt response. 

Is there any way the Password capability can be reinstated and register a fresh pw?

Appreciate your help, EM

Yes, download and reinstall SanDisk’s SecureAccess app.

And once a password is reestablished, WRITE IT DOWN!!  Store it in your wallet, purse, glove compartment, next to your pc, etc.

I sure shall do so.

Thanks, Again.

hey i have forgoton my password is thre anyway i can delet pass and keep ma data or anythig? please help

@shivpatel18 wrote:

hey i have forgoton my password is thre anyway i can delet pass and keep ma data or anythig? please help

Is the drive encrypted using AES-128? If yes, without your password, you will not be able to recover any data on the drive. If you cannot remember your password, you will have to start over (which means deleting all data on the drive.) It has to be this way because, any type of backdoor or insecure entry point means the bad guys can then exploit these vulnerabilities to damage or steal files.

is thre anyway i can delet pass and keep ma data

No, next time write it down.  SecureAccess doesn’t have a bypass option.

i have the same problem…forgot my password… i would like to ask if the data in ‘‘my vaults’’ will be lost if i will errase RunSanDiskSecureAccess_Win.exe

when u say delete everything do you mean EVERerything and leave nothing on the drive?

Hi Guys New to this don’t know what really to delete i deleted the access logo and vault and downloaded this>>>(

• Download for PC (8MB) ) not working can someone give me step by step directions on how to reset my drives…yes i was dumb enough to mess up twice

@mikearma wrote:

i have the same problem…forgot my password… i would like to ask if the data in ‘‘my vaults’’ will be lost if i will errase RunSanDiskSecureAccess_Win.exe

if you forgot your password there is no way to recover the data. you can delete the secure access software and vault to regain use of the full capacity of the drive but you will not be able to recover the data that was encrypted. 

@redflag wrote:

Hi Guys New to this don’t know what really to delete i deleted the access logo and vault and downloaded this>>>(

• Download for PC (8MB) ) not working can someone give me step by step directions on how to reset my drives…yes i was dumb enough to mess up twice

Not sure what you mean by reset the drive. If you forgot the password the data that was encrypted is not recoverable. if you want to continue using password and encryption you can reinstall secure access but you will not be able to recover any data that was previously encrypted. 

I mean reset the flash drives. I have nothing to retrieve from the drive i just want to know how to reset them like they were new so i can use them. I have the 16gb

thats fine i didn’t have any data on there yet. I just put a password on them and then lost it. What do i do?

I recommend you delete all the files and folders on the flash drive.  Then if you’re not interested in security use the drive as you would any USB drive.  If you are interested in securing some files on it then download the lastest file for SecureAccess, v3.0 I think, copy the download to the flash drive and execute it there.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2399/related/1/kw/secureaccess/r_id/101834

THANK YOU I i got it!

I followed the forum advice to open the flash drive and delete files. Now it says the disk is empty and there is no longer a secure login. Now I cannot access the  files I put on the flash drive. So what do I do now???

Ive got a sand disk eye-fi 4gb wi-fi and I have for got my password can tell how I can get thanks you