Just lost all files on a 128GB SanDisk SDCZ50-064G-B35 Cruzer Blade - HELP NEEDED

@deponia wrote:

Hello, 

thing is that he used the secure access that encrypts the data, so even if he uses a recovery software the data will still be encrypted and will not be able to open or use it. 

thats why i recommended to contact sandisk direct so not to mess up the software more and be unrecovable

Isn’t it more about how the encryption programs delete data? It seems almost all of these programs take multiple “passes” for the purpose of making the data unrecoverable. If SecureAccess works that way, and the SecureAccess program was what did this deletion, wouldn’t it seem very likely that the data is gone for good?

My thought is that using the DiskPart menu to list the drives can help determine how much “used space” is on the drive. If the used space is much smaller than it should be, my thought is that the data has been erased and zeroed. However, if the used space is the size that the drive should be, there is a chance the data is still there and, for unknown reasons at the time, is no longer directly accessible. Should the latter be the case, I would probably personally attempt to clone the drive to have multiple copies prior to hacking away at it.

It seems like many hard drive makers have quite a lot of issues with their proprietary security software, and SecureAccess is no exception. I am starting to think that many or most Users could employ VeraCrypt instead of whatever software the different hard drive makers use, and make gains in terms of better security, stability, and encryption/decryption speed.