I need the default CHS values! PLEASE

Hi,

SanDisk support refuses to provide me these, or maybe they’re just slow… Is there anyone out there that has a SanDisk Cruzer Glide 32GB SDCZ60? Then could  u please provide me the CHS values. Cylinder, Heads, Sector etc… Mine is totaly messed up

Mine is totaly messed up

How did htat happen?  Why do you think it is messed up?

It happend when I plugged it out without safe eject. Went into RAW, I didnt know what to do, after days of attempts, I started experimenting and stuff. I have done everything you can possibly do with every possibly tool…

Tho! I have learned ALOT, and I can almost say that im a pro on flash drives atm, lol.

Okay, I’ve managed to build a correct MBR (I guess…), I can build a partition table, but when ima format it, it wont just let me… Just a few seconds after I press format the flash drive LED starts to blink very very fast, and the format freeze, and after a few minutes, the flash drive unmounts itself and I get a error…

But it doesnt matter… I wont be able to recover my last working partition, cuz I have already written zero’s to the whole disk. WEll, im not gonna stop trying. Atm, im working with Hiren’s boot cd and it’s including tools. I have tryed Parted Magic with Testdisk, Gparted, DBAN, HDDLLF, WIPE. everything u can think of :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay, I’ve managed to build a correct MBR (I guess…), I can build a partition table,

Well, flash drives don’t have MBR records, they don’t boot and they don’t have partitions.  They are normally formatted as simply super floppies.

I wont be able to recover my last working partition, cuz I have already written zero’s to the whole disk.

If you can’t format it via Windows Command Prompt try returning the drive and starting fresh.

Haha WHAT??..

Are you absolutely sure that flash drives dont have MBR records??? What the hell…So all this work in months has been for nothing?

They dont have partitions??? But… Wow, now you made me lost in space… What should I do now then? And no… Command prompt is the second way to try, and I have made like 100 tryes… I have hiren’s boot CD with all tools in the world, lol…

So… How do I “reset” the harddrive to start fresh? Now I need ur help Ed! :stuck_out_tongue: Returning the drive isnt a choice, cuz I have opened it.

Are you absolutely sure that flash drives dont have MBR records???

Read this link:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954457

I have hiren’s boot CD with all tools in the world, lol…

Having tools is like having weapons, if you don’t know how to use them they are worthless.

Returning the drive isnt a choice, cuz I have opened it.

Everything is returnable, either to the seller or to Sandisk, openned or not,used or not.

I meant, the actual flash drive has been opened, disassembled…

Oh! 

Ok, when you fill out your SanDisk RMA form tell them your flash drive contains sensitive information and you need to destroy it before returning it.

Good luck.