I don't currently have permission to access my flash drive

I received a SanDisk Ultra Fit 64GB USB 3.1 flash drive for Christmas.  It was new in package.  When I plug it into the USB 3 drive on my HP ProBook 450 G5 and try to access it I get the message “You don’t currently have permission to access this folder.”  I click the “Continue” button and am told “You have been denied permission to access this folder.  To gain access to this folder you will need to use the security tab.”  When I click on the security tab it brings up the Properties dialog box.  There is no Security tab in this box, only General, Tools, Hardware, Sharing and Customize.  The general tab tells me that the drive uses a FAT32 system.  After much searching on Google, I find that FAT32 doesn’t even support permissions.  I’m now as confused as I was 24 hours ago when I first started messing with it.  Can anyone shed some light on the problem and point me in a direction?

Much thanks to anyone who might have an answer.

Ron 

The 64GB drive is formated as exFAT not FAT32.  As for accessing it it sounds like your pc’s security configuration is stopping you.  If you didn’t set up the security system talk to the person that did.