Help to use Cruzer Glide 64GB to transfer Itunes folder?

Can anyone help please?

I’ve bought a SanDisk Cruzer Glide solely to transfer my whole itunes folder from an old Windows XP pc to a new Windows Vista pc.  My itunes folder size is 47GB, Cruzer Glide is 64GB

Estimated time given has varied between 24 - 30 hours. Every time I’ve tried to copy the itunes folder onto the flash drive it has stopped working after approx 20hours (!)

Each time it’s failed I’ve deleted every file it had copied successfully before re-trying, as I’d no idea what is what file-wise as it’s all encrypted.

Ok, so I’ve now decided I would like to use CruzerGlide without my files being encrypted, because I don’t need that security and maybe this will lessen the time it takes to do what I’m trying to do. I couldn’t see how to install the flash drive without this secure access option.

Please can someone tell me how to always use it only like a basic memory stick?

Will this resolve the problem I’m having?

HUGE Thanks in advance

Yes, not using SecureAccess for this task will greatly reduce the transfer time.

The simplest way would be when you plug the Glide in and SecureAccess starts close SecureAccess.  Then access the drive using Windows Explorer.

If you would like to permanently disable SecureAccess using Windows Explorer delete the two files/folders on the Glide.

Another consideration, if your files, not your folder, are larger than 4GB you will need to reformat the drive to NTFS or exFAT. 

Thank you so much for your advice!  This issue has been driving me crazy here, at 20+ hours per attempt days are flying away.

Please can you explain what you mean by reformatting the drive to NTFS or exFAT?

When I plug the glider in I find it in removable Drive E on my PC.

(I don’t know much about computers, only very basic stuff, sorry).

Also,

Do you mean if any of the files individually inside the folder are larger than 4GB?

Will I not be able to transfer my itunes folder unless I do this?

If I wont be able to transfer everything without reformatting, please can you tell me, (or add a tutorial link), how to do this?

Thank you for your attention.

Do you mean if any of the files individually inside the folder are larger than 4GB?

Will I not be able to transfer my itunes folder unless I do this?

No, I mean if, for example, your folder contains 100 itunes and  2 of them are each larger than 4 GB those 2 files will not fit but the others will.  If you look at the files in your iTunes folder using Windows Explorer you can see how big they each are.   Are any over 4,000,000 KB?

Thank you for explaining. I will check this when I get home later.

Hi Maxine, are you all set here?

Hi, So sorry for the delay here, I’ve only just returned home this eve. I’m going to try again in the morning and will update here afterwards.

Fingers crossed it all works this time!

Horray! - Success!! 

Huge thanks for the help! :smiley: