SanDisk Guru

Re: HOW TO REMOVE WRITE PROTECTION FROM USB FLASH-DRIVE???

[ Edited ]

Same here,. i'll guess i wont return it, glad i bought two on black friday.  will wait for a solution,. 

Use GPARTED in Linux. Delete the partition table and then format it using whichever filesystem you prefer. Linux gives no craps.

After following the whole process, I have not seen StorageDevicePolicies after "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control"  so, what should I do to format my 8 GB SanDisk Pen Drive?

if you will still face this problem try this video method to solve your problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSfWfvugqic

To format pen drive it is must to remove write protection. There are various ways to remove write protection from pen drive but i am going to tell a way by using command prompt. I am leaving a link https://windowsclassroom.com/best-ways-remove-write-protection-pen-drive/ here, it will defintely help you to remove write protection.

hi man 

i had the same probleme 

and this worked with me 

just install the reg file to disable write protect

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Y9NvUQRfxcaGJhcVNBV2gwaEU/view

good luck

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I read and tried most of this forum...it didn't help. My USB is SanDisk 64 GB Ultra Fit bought this year, looks qute nice with metal casing, now after 4-5 mounts I can't format, write or create files. Neither with Window or Linux. Totally useless....

Registry change does not help. Windows Device Mnager, HP USB Stirage and similar tools all returns "Write Protected" errors.....

SanDisk Guru

Yup.  Return it to the seller or to SanDisk itself.

Ed
Important files = Backed up files

Do you actually represent Sandisk Ed_P?

If so i want to feed back some information to the decision makers within your organisation.  Given the current GDPR rules and regulations, do you deem it acceptable to be asking people to send their protected data to a company not knowing how that data will be disposed of.  Frankly, it is the most absurd scenario that i have come across for quite some time.  I have sensitive data secured on my faulty USB and you want me to send that sensitive data for what reason exactly?

I would strongly suggest that you take the time to provide a tool to dispose of the data upon customers USB's as they are clearly unusable in their current defective state.  Quite frankly i will not bother buying from Sandisk ever again until you sort this mess out with your clearly poor sub-standard product.

Regards