How to remove write protection from usb flash-drive?

@kishor123 wrote:

i have problem with my SANDISK,USB FLASH-DRIVE(8GB) that whenever i insert or plug it with some computer and try to write(CUT,COPY etc) it shows an error that THE DISK IS WRITE PROTECTED.

@zakarumita wrote:

I’ve the same problem too.

If you read some of the threads on this board, you see that there are many with the same problems.

The only known solution is to return the drive.   

@YourName:So guyzzzz…whats next for this problem…???i think we need to contact nearest sandisk support center…

so that may be it may help to us…!!!

Go right ahead. But they’ll most likely tell you the same thing.

Well… very good.

many same thread means many same problem that means a very epic fail… I bought SanDisk cause fidelity to the brand… but… after a damaged SD Card and this damaged Flash-pen… I think to choose another brand untill they reflects on their products…

holy god, I bought this device just six months ago … who knows where is the receipt… and then box is destroyed now… uhm… too bad… too bad!!! I hope only that the other SD card won’t decides to break suddenly … :confused:

Anyway many thanks for the support and your reply.

Cheers.

1 Like

I bought this device just six months ago … who knows where is the receipt… and then box is destroyed now… uhm… too bad… too bad!!!

No, not too bad, too bad.  Contact SanDisk tell them your situation and serial number of your flash drive.  They will then give you instructions on how and where to return it for a replacement.  You don’t need a receipt or a box.

2 Likes

This is a good news… but wait a sec… where I can find the serial number… Is the number printed on the usb “SDCZ81-…” ??

Another ask to you, Mr. Ed_P… the warranty life is valid for my Ultra II 8GB SDHC card too? (I bought it late in June 2008 when I purchased my camera together the SanDisk MicroMate SD/SDCH Card Reader)

Anyway many thanks !

I believe most warranties are for 1 year, not forever. :slight_smile:

@zakarumita wrote:

… the warranty life is valid for my Ultra II 8GB SDHC card too? (I bought it late in June 2008 when I purchased my camera together the SanDisk MicroMate SD/SDCH Card Reader)

From the SanDisk site:

Warranty

The SanDisk Ultra SDHC and SDXC Class 6 Memory Cards are backed by a lifetime limited warranty** .

1 Like

pls just me

have problem with my SANDISK,USB FLASH-DRIVE(16GB) that whenever i insert or plug it with some computer and try to write(CUT,COPY etc) it shows an error that THE DISK IS WRITE PROTECTED…can any one please suggest that why it is displaying such error…at first i think that this is problem with my pc but know the essue is same for all computer…

can any help me to resolve this issue???

My Computer config–windows7(64-bit

The only solution is to replace the drive.  Either return it to where you bought it or return it to SanDisk directly.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5232/~/return-material-authorization-(rma)-process

Like all the others I read leading me here. I can’t get write protection removed from my 8gb sandisk flash (pen) drive.  I’ve tried registry entries, reformatting in windows, reformatting in safe mode, and using computer management and nothing works.  I’m about ready to toss it out, but it has some files I want and it was a Christmas gift last year from my son.  Any other solutions?

Sincerely,

Mary

R e t u r n  i t!!

1st copy the files on it to your hard drive.  Then contact SanDisk for an RMA.  Then RETURN IT.  They will send you a new one that will work, copy the flash drive files you backed up to your hard drive to the new replacement flash drive. Voila, fixed. 

Or if it has sentimental value since your son gave it to you, put a lanyard on it and wear it as a necklace.  It won’t work but you will have it and can show it to him whenever he comes over.

i have problem with my SANDISK,USB FLASH-DRIVE(8GB) that whenever i insert or plug it with some computer and try to write(CUT,COPY etc) it shows an error that THE DISK IS WRITE PROTECTED…can any one please suggest that why it is displaying such error…at first i think that this is problem with my pc but know the essue is same for all computer…

My Computer config–windows7(64-bit)

1 Like

@chniko wrote:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-SanDisk-USB-Flash-Drives/HOW-TO-REMOVE-WRITE-PROTECTION-FROM-USB-FLASH-DRIVE/m-p/289884/highlight/true#M4035

i have aproblem with my8GB  flash drive any time i plug with it to a computer and try to  writte any (cut,copy it shows that it is write protected please tell me what to do

Follow the link in the post just above yours. It has specific instructions on how to solve this problem.

@ayukjoel wrote:

i have aproblem with my8GB  flash drive any time i plug with it to a computer and try to  writte any (cut,copy it shows that it is write protected please tell me what to do

Follow the link in the post just above yours. It has specific instructions on how to solve this problem.

re= how to remove write protection scandisk pen drive 16 gb in win xp 

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-SanDisk-USB-Flash-Drives/HOW-TO-REMOVE-WRITE-PROTECTION-FROM-USB-FLASH-DRIVE/m-p/289884/highlight/true#M4035