SanDisk Guru

Re: HELP!!!!! how do i reomove 'write protected' message from my 16gb flash drive?

3.3 definitely works.

Be sure to backup your files before doing it.

Ed
Important files = Backed up files

Re: HELP!!!!! how do i reomove 'write protected' message from my 16gb flash drive?

One problem with returning the drive (San Disk 256 GB Cruzer)- it has sensitive information. Is there a work around without returning the device? I purchased this at Costco within the last month (or thereabouts); I think I have the receipt. Without the receipt, I guess this is a no-go from the start, correct?

For the record, the first one ( a few more months back) has not had this issue.

Device details: SanDisk Cruzer Glide 3.0 1.00 [250.45 GB] (489160704 512-byte sectors)

thanks,

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

Costco should be able to check your purchase on their system even without a receipt.

You can also return the drive to SanDisk for a replacement.  And with them it is possible to smash the drive with a hammer before returning it.  Do verify that with them before doing it.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5232/~/return-material-authorization-(rma)-process

Ed
Important files = Backed up files