Formatting a USB Drive to 1.44 MB (Floppy Size)?

I am looking for a way to format a 4GB USB Drive - Cruzer to be 1.44 MB.  We replaced a Floppy Diskette drive with a USB Drive that will only read 1.44 MB drives.  How do I format a USB Drive to be 1.44 MB so it can be recognized?

i would not recommend this because you can brick the USB drive. that said you can look into a program like partition magic but be warned that it may brick the drive. this would not be covered by the warranty. 

So, how can I get a USB Drive that is formatted to 1.44 MB?  I have two that are 1.44 MB but I can not read the 4GB Cruzer Drive I have.  I have been able to format it to a 1 MB drive but still cannot read the USB Drive. with a product called BootIce.

Sounds like you should have gotten (or should get) a more current and universal USB drive for your computer.

We replaced a Floppy Diskette drive with a USB Drive that will only read 1.44 MB drives.

???  Can you explain that a little better?  Do you have a link for this 1.44 MB USB drive?

Are you trying to boot from from your USB drive? If this is the case, there are plenty of walkthroughs online on how to do it. No need to shrink it to 1.44MB… 

a. You don’t need to format a drive to 1.44MB to boot it.

b. If you are running Windows 7 I believe you should be able to partition the drive to 1.44MB using DISKPART.