Failure Readind The filesystems file (err=1)

I recently (today) got a 32GB Cruzer Glide. When setting it up, i had typed in the password and only had to confirm it to have it be completed. I had gotten sidetracked, and thought that i had already set it up (which i hadnt), and took it out. After realizing that the password setup was still open, i plugged it back in. It now acts like its set up and asks me to log in, but uppon logging in i get the error "Failure Readind The filesystems file (err=1)". Anyone know a fix, or is it just doomed and i have to buy another?

SanDisk Guru

Re: Failure Readind The filesystems file (err=1)

Delete all the files and folders on the drive.  Download SecureAccess from the SanDisk Support site.  Move it to the SanDisk drive and execute it.  That should give you a fresh start.

Ed
Important files = Backed up files

I am getting this same error message.  I have been trying to backup files off my laptop and ran out of space on the thumbdrive.  Ever since then I have been getting error messages.  I have tried to delete all of the SecureAccess files (left the original vault) and reinstall.  It did ask me to enter in the password for the original vault, but I still get the error.  

Any ideas?

Thanks!

SanDisk Guru

Try running a CHKDSK command on the drive.  If that doesn't resolve the problem delete the vault and starting over is the only option I'm aware of.

Ed

I am on a Mac, so I ran "First Aid".  That didnt work.  I guess my files are lost at this point?

SanDisk Guru

Unfortunately at this point I suspect so.  If the files are very important and you have no backup you could try taking the drive to a pro shop for help.

Ed