Cruzer slice 16gb flash drive

Hi, I havce just bought a sandisk 16gb cruzer flash drive. I went to use it for the first time and wanted to move a folder that was around 4gb in size. When I tried doing that it came up with the destination drive is full. Can anyone tell me why it is saying this when it has 16gb completely free so 4gb should fit snuggly on?

1 Like

It could be a limitation of your available RAM on your computer. Do you have to move the folder it its entirety all at once? Maybe you’ll have to just move several files within the folder at a time?

a few things here.

first does the drive you have have u3? and if so there will be 2 partitions. one u3 system and the other will be a removable disk. the u3 system partition is a protected cdrom partition and data cannot be written to it. you would need to copy your files to the removable partition. 

i also noticed that you said the folder is almost 4GB. is it one single file or multiple files? if one single file you will have to reformat it in NTFS to copy files 4GB or larger. it is a limitation of the FAT32 file system. 

hi, in the folder it has 1 file that is 4gb. How do i format it in to ntfs? If i do the normal right clikc and select format, it just gives me the fat option only.

Here is the instructions :smiley:

If using IE 9 you neeed to post in Compaibility View mode for your post to be seen.

windows 8 doensn’t recognise my usb stick Cruzer slize 16 GB

Hi - that is a good answer, do you know how I can do the same on a mac?

Same problem - 16 g cruzer says “full” and it’s empty. Trying to back up files on Snow Leopard Mac, and the file must transfer whole. It’s about 6 g.

Anyone have a Mac solution please?

@rainbowcat wrote:

Same problem - 16 g cruzer says “full” and it’s empty. Trying to back up files on Snow Leopard Mac, and the file must transfer whole. It’s about 6 g.

_ Anyone have a Mac solution please? _

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+format+to+NTFS+on+a+Mac