Cruzer pop. Unable to access/format. Really important files on there!

I personally wish I’d bought another brand of memory stick given the problems I’m having with this memory stick.

There are HD video files on this drive that I recorded of my band recording in the studio and the files cannot be replaced. 

I tried to format it, full and quick. Windows cannot format the drive EVERY time. I tried recuva to see if I could dig the files out that way. It found them, but there were always errors getting them off it. Now, It will not display in my computer. I am determined to get these files off any way I can. Paying if necessary. is there anything I can do at my end to restore files? I even tried removing and adding partitions. Nothing. It’s recognized when inserted and the format prompt comes up, but little else :( 

I tried to format it, full and quick.

I even tried removing and adding partitions.

Wow. The only option you haven’t tried to destroy data on a flash drive is smashing it with a hammer.

I am determined to get these files off any way I can. Paying if necessary.

That should have been the 1st option you tried.

is there anything I can do at my end to restore files?

At this point, unlikely.  You can try the following link:

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/list/kw/will%20my%20cruzer%20work%20on%20windows%208%3F/sno/1/search/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzY2ODI5MzEzL3NpZC9xem4xR3hvbA%3D%3D#s=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

Good luck.

I thought, as I couldn’t get access at all without a format, I could format the drive and then use a recovery program

to bring any files back. (little or no chance, probably)

Sorry if I came across as really thick. Seemed liked the only option. 

Good luck Reeve, sorry to see that you don’t have any much option left here.