Cruzer gives "application not found" error on Windows 7; works fine in digital frame

I checked in device manager; it says the device is working properly and the driver is up to date. I’ve also tried various USB ports.

But when I click on it under Computer, I get the “application not found” error. Yet, I plug it into my digital photo frame and it works fine.

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

The photo frame isn’t looking to execute anything on the drive, the Computer is and whatever the Computer is looking for has been deleted.  Without knowing what the Computer’s error window shows for an app name no idea what is the problem.

It doesn’t give an application name; that’s why I wrote the error message as “Application not found”.

Application not found

The Windows machine has been configured to execute an app when a removable drive is inserted with certain files.  The app in the configuration has been removed or doesn’t exist on this drive.

Ok, so how to change that.  At this point I don’t know the steps to tell you.  Sorry.

Thanks for replying!

I’ll see if I can find the steps. I can’t reformat it. It does work in the photo frame but I’d like to add more files to it.

Right click on the drive and check all the tabs for the various options.  Especially the ones for Mixed Content, Videos, etc.

I’ve upgraded to Windows 10 and can’t find the things I use to set up.  10 takes some getting use to but over all I’m impressed with it.