Cruzer 4G driver for Windows 98

I am trying to use a Cruzer Flash Drive (#SDCZ36-004G) on my Windows 98 (not 98SE) computer but I can not find the correct driver.  Anybody have a solution to this ?

there is no win 98 driver available the sdcz36 is only supported on Win 2000 and above. 

@lupine wrote:

I am trying to use a Cruzer Flash Drive (#SDCZ36-004G) on my Windows 98 (not 98SE) computer but I can not find the correct driver.  Anybody have a solution to this ?

Perhaps this may help. The site offers generic usb drivers for Win98…  Don’t know if it’ll work for a Cruzer.  Be sure to read the disclaimer near the bottom of the webpage.

http://www.technical-assistance.co.uk/kb/usbmsd98.php

Please let us know if it works.

Support for the Cruzers is not total, but I’ve been using 8 GB thru 64 GB Cruzers on Win 98 regularly for several years. Under Win 98 and Win 98 SE, I don’t know how to make Win 98 check if device removal is safe. So, I simply wait a minute prior to removing. If rapid removal is important to you, you probably wouldn’t be using a Cruzer anyway. I did a 4 GB backup to a 64 GB Cruzer only a couple days ago. I use the C:\Windows\INF\other\Standard DriversSNDK95H.INF. I’ve been told some components are not found. I found them under CABS in BASE5.CAB. If you don’t have a Cruzer plugged in, you can use Settings / Control Panel / System / Device Manager any old time to remove the driver. You’ll be prompted the next time you insert the Cruzer.