Cancelled formatting and now flash drive doesn't show up in C:

I was trying to format my flash drive and realized I was formatting it to the wrong system type and cancelled it. After this it wouldn’t format so I tried to disconnect it and reconnect it and now it doesn’t show up in C:. The computer picks it up, even lets me safely remove the device, but I cannot access it to do anything with formatting it, factory defaulting it or anything else.

I don’t know what’s wrong or why I can’t access it to format but please help me resolve this issue so I can use my flash drive again, thanks!

Search cmd in start and run it as admin
Now type diskpart
Now type list disk
Now type select disk (your USB drive number)
Now type clear all
After its completed successfully go to control panel and search create and format disk partions
Open it and right click on unformatted space beside your USB drive number
Select new volume and follow the on screen instructions to format your USB

1 Like

Thank you! This worked wonderfully well and resolved my issue without a single problem.

Hi,

I understood your problem, and here i am trying to solve your issue. Usually, cancelling or interrupting during format process can have the chance of corrupting your flash drive. And so your flash drive is not showing up or not detected in your system. Last month i faced the same problems and i lost huge amount of files from my flash drive. After searching over the net, i got to know that Remo Recover software is the right application to solve the issue and retrieve my data back from my flash drive. If you want to get complete details to fix this kind of issue please visit this page http://rljohnson.net/software-to-restore-sandisk-memory-card

Thank you!

Hi,

I understood your problem, and here i am trying to solve your issue. Usually, cancelling or interrupting during format process can have the chance of corrupting your flash drive. And so your flash drive is not showing up or not detected in your system. Last month i faced the same problems and i lost huge amount of files from my flash drive. After searching over the net, i got to know that Remo Recover software is the right application to solve the issue and retrieve my data back from my flash drive. If you want to get complete details to fix this kind of issue please visit this page http://rljohnson.net/software-to-restore-sandisk-memory-card 

Thank you

$179.97 for your recommended rljohnson.net app makes it sound like you’re a SPAMmer David.

:angry:

awsome sauce. but now in windows 10 looks like its changed to “clean” instead of “clear all”