8Gb Cruzer recovery problem... please help!!!

I have an 8gb cruzer with U3.  I had a lot of family photos on it. Unfortunately i plugged in the cruzer into the laptop to add more pics to it, walked away and left the laptop unattended. my son got its hand on it and somehow exceeded the number of tries allowed for the password. As it was designed all the data was erased.  I have tried a couple of the methods of recovery on this forum without any luck. Is it time to take it to a professional, or has anyone ran into this problem before with a solution to the dilemma?  There were many years worth of photos, please tell me there is a way to recover it.  thank you so much for your time and help.

I have tried a couple of the methods of recovery on this forum without any luck.

Which ones specifically?  Some will destroy any chance of recovery.

Is it time to take it to a professional,

Possibly.  It depends on how important the files are to you.  But do note, professionals can be very expensive.  Try the site SanDisk recommends.

I think that if this is bricked, it would be a better choice to just buy a brand new one instead.

Here’s how you can recover data from a corrupted SanDisk flash drive - corrupted pen drive recovery