8GB CRUZER BLADE NOT RECOGNIZED BY TV

Just bought this Sandisk 8GB Cruzer Blade and transferred some files from my computer onto it. Plugged it into my satellite receiver box USB port but get no message on the tv screen. When I plug in with an extension, message “no displayable files on this medium found”.  I don’t have any problem with an 8GB Cruzar Edge I purchased last year. How can I view the files on this Cruzar Blade?

Hello,

most Tv devices need a drive on fat32 or ntfs so please make sure that you format the drive with the correct supported format for the tv. but you will need a 3d party tool to format the 64gb drive on windows 

so in that case you can try the hp tools format software

@deponia wrote:

Hello,

most Tv devices need a drive on fat32 or ntfs so please make sure that you format the drive with the correct supported format for the tv. but you will need a 3d party tool to format the 64gb drive on windows 

so in that case you can try the hp tools format software

This is true, but the OP said he was using an 8GB card and 8GB cards already come formatted as FAT32, so I don’t understand the revelance of your reply. :confounded:

Are those video files? If yes, try loading different files like AVI, MP4, MKV. Some older TVs can only read AVIs.

try formatting your flash drive from the “Disk Management”.

try formatting your flash drive from the “Disk Management”.

The drive doesn’t need formating.  The OP said When I plug in with an extension, message “no displayable files on this medium found”   which indicates the “medium”/drive was read just fine.  The problem is the format of the files on the drive.