8 GB sandisk cruzer is read as 0 mb

My 8 GB sandisk cruzer is read as 0 mb and i cant access any of my files on it or save files on it.  i have tried formating it in windows7 by right clicking the drive and i have tried in disk management, i have also tried gparted.  for some reason in linux i can read and copy files for a mabe 1 min befor the light on the drive starts flashing rapidly, after that i have to restart linux to do any thing with the drive.  so i was able to get any thing i needed from the drive and now i just want to fix it.  linux and windows agree the drive is formated in FAT32 but a few days ago it was acting like it was formated with FAT16 and could not fit mor than 2 gb of data but did not go to try and fix that untill today and found this new problem.  i have also tried to reset it to factory setting with the u3 installer and it said it was not a sandisk drive.

i have tried the drive on several diferent operating systems xp, vista,7,ubuntu 11.04

i already got the data i needed so i am willing to do what ever it takes to fix the drive.

I am having the same problem with my 16GB Cruzer Blade aand would like

to fix it not bothered about losing the files on it ,but world like to be able to

use my drive again as its only about 10 months old and has not been used much

thanks for any help with this issue

I have been talking to sanDisk about this problem and now

all of a sudden they have disabled my account so I can no

longer login, seems to me they are brushing this problem under

carpet so to speak

Would be nice to get some support or a replacement drive as its

still under warranty, they told me to return it to the seller but they only

have return on the items they sell.

Hi Mr Bubbles,

How did you get your data back off the flash drive? Would you ike to tell me?

Actually,I had the same problem before. After searched in Google,I got my pictures and files back from the drive with data recovery software. I would love to share with you this useful flash drive recovery software. http://www.any-data-recovery.com/product/datarecoverystandard.htm If needed,you can get it to scan you flash drive to retrieve your data off it. 

Have a nice day!

Byan

True, even I am facing the same problem on the 8GB sandisk cruzer that I purchased hardly 5 months ago.

I use cyber cafe and have been using this pen drive as a means to port my data. About 45 days ago, I was using it in the same manner.

The drive was connected to the computer and was working perfectly well for about 2 hours and suddenly it developed some snag which I am not able to understand what.

It now reads as 0 MB. It neither permits write, nor am I able to access the 1.76 GB of data that is stored in it. I tried formatting it through means known to me, my cyber friend. None of it has worked.

The more I analyse the situation, the more I get to think that the the factory embeded software (firmware) has been infected with an unknown virus. True that firmware does not get corrupted/virus infected. Yet,…

Hi,

You can try using the HP format tool in order to format the flash drive. You can refer to http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=197 for downloading the software.

The Sandisk Cruzer 16 GB is formatted as FAT 32. This gives a maximum file size of 4GB. You’ll have to format as NTFS.

hi

I believe its a windows issue,

This might help

http://helpdeskgeek.com/help-desk/format-usb-flash-drives-showing-the-wrong-capacity-the-easy-way/

So i finaly  **bleep**ing fixed my problem it was so easy i just layed it down safelt (my 16gb) and smashed it witha hamer now my problem is fixed (:… but no realy i smashed it );

Just got the same problem here.  Cruzer 8GB, was copying a roughly 2GB file to it.  Got about 75% of the way done then I got a message saying Windows (7) could no longer see the drive.  Now everytime I plug it in the light does it’s normal thing but as soon as I try to access the drive it starts blinking rapidly and continues to do so even after I tell Windows to eject it.  I am unable to format it either.

Except for the smashing it solution, has anyone got anything else to work?

Maybe the drive you have is counterfeit Sandisk with a faulty flash memory or fake set capacity. You can try running the H2 burn in test to verify the quality, otherwise try filing a RMA under Sandisk’s warranty. For more info on H2, have a look at my site.

http://www.chinaelectronicsinsider.com/technical/how-test-fake-flash-memory

Or maybe the drive was yanked out rather than Safely Removed and the FAT is all screwed up.

I was searching around as my sanddisk memory card got problem, non of the answers above helps, anyone got any solution?

edit:

I found the solution, it helped me recovered my files from my sanddisk memory card. For the benefit of others, here’s the link:

How to recover data from corrupted memory card

@jamest89 wrote:

I was searching around as my sanddisk memory card got problem, non of the answers above helps, anyone got any solution?

Sorry, but if someone did it would be posted here somewhere. :wink:

No need to be panic.Google some methods or free data recovery software to help you. But I am fully convinced there is no such thing as free lunch. I trust Kvisoft Data Recovery Software.

Free apps can be found here:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-SanDisk-USB-Flash-Drives/Download-new-version-lost-access-to-all-data-Please-Help/m-p/301789#M5953

Free to download AND free to use.  And if they don’t work then you can try the $69.95 SPAM option. :smileyvery-happy:

I do not recommend you to use free data recovery. They may not safe and leak your personal information. To  recover lost data safely and easily, you can try this data recovery from iOrgsoft, it is read- and recover-only, does not leak any of your personal information to nayone. So, when you lost data, you can rely on this tool.  

Read more : http://www.iorgsoft.com/

Maybe the first thing you need to check is if the files in the card still there, if not, try uFlysoft data recovery software. If you are using Mac PC, uFlysoft Mac file recovery is a good choice for you.

Maybe the first thing you need to check is if the files in the card still there, if not, try uFlysoft data recovery software. If you are using Mac PC, uFlysoft Mac file recovery is a good choice for you.

I don’t know David, $84.95 sounds like a lot for an app like uFlysoft’s  data recovery software when there are so many free ones that do the same thing.  In fact your posting sound like SPAM!!!