32GB SanDisk Cruzer Blade - stopped working

Hi all,

Yesterday my pen drive of 32GB stopped working (SanDisk Cruzer Blade).

The reason may be, i had a word document file opened from the pen drive, and made some changes and saved it. After sometime i removed the pen drive with the word doc file still opened, also even without selecting the Safe Remove Hardware. May me this is the issue?

I had few important files, but now even after following this: "https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/205/~/sandisk-device-not-detected-by-windows-pc "… still the pen drive is not being dedected by the Desktop PC, tried all the ports on the Laptop too, not dedecting, tried with a 2nd laptop, still not dedecting.

Also i checked the Device Manager, on an another solution here in forum, checked the USB section, there was one ‘unknown device’, when the pen drive connected, i removed it, but when i scan the USB section, it is unable to install a ‘AMD Log Utility Driver’ (screenshot attached), not sure if this has anything to do with the USB port…Any solution for this please? :frowning:

USB driver may be.jpg

Not Safe Removed, particularly with a file open, most definitely screwed up the drive’s file allocation table.  Running a CHKDSK command on the drive is the only thing that I know of that corrects this.  Do NOT try writing anything to the drive until you get it fixed else you may permanently loose your files.