16GB Sandisk Cruzer Write Protected error

I was in the middle of copying some files to my 16GB cruzer drive, when suddenly the transfer was

interrupted and I got a “Disk is write protected.  Remove the write protection or use another disk.” error.

I removed the drive, rebooted, but the write protection is still stuck on.  I can read files from the disk,

but can’t add any additional files or delete files from the disk.

This appears to be a common problem with this drive from reading the forum - are there any

known solutions to this other than sending the drive in for exchange?

I am running Windows XP.

Not that anyone has posted.

16GB Sandisk Cruzer Write Protected error

I was in the middle of copying some files to my 16GB cruzer drive, when suddenly the transfer was

interrupted and I got a “Disk is write protected.  Remove the write protection or use another disk.” error.

I removed the drive, rebooted, but the write protection is still stuck on.  I can read files from the disk,

This appears to be a common problem with this drive from reading the forum - are there any

i want to return it . please let me know. how?

>> Not that anyone has posted.

There are three threads about it just on the first page of the forum.

Or are you saying that no one has posted any fixes?

Does Sandisk accept these drives mailed in and send out replacements?  Has anyone reading the forum done this with a ‘stuck’ drive?

@aminor wrote:

Or are you saying that no one has posted any fixes?

Your question: “Are there any known solutions to this other than sending the drive in for exchange?”

My answer: “Not that anyone has posted.”

Your question: "Does Sandisk accept these drives mailed in and send out replacements? "

My answer: Not without calliing Sandisk Tech Support and getting an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) first.

So I am in the same boat.

Middle of copying files and then whammo write protected…

WTF

same thing here…

got a write protected errro on a 32Gb

cannot find the way to call Tech Support…

@jvismara wrote:

cannot find the way to call Tech Support…

SanDisk Tech Support Contact Information World-Wide

I just got the same “write protected error” described above with my newly bought 16GB Sandisk Cruzer. Are there any alternatives from Sandisk? Is it still the only option to return the flash drive to the company? This is dissapointing

I think this issue is currently being investigated and a permanent solution should come up soon. 

Really!!  after 2 years!!  What are you basing this opinion on??

yeah, a long time

I have the same problem and I need a solution soon.

This problems has been happening with many users and a solution needs to be found.

May be there is no solution.

And the only thing they do is sell those defected disks!

I was in the middle of copying some files to my 32GB cruzer drive, when suddenly the transfer was

I am running Windows 7 64bit

Why cant you just tell us? we bought this and no one knows whats wrong with it apparently? Mine has the same probelem i have gone througth many youtube tutorials on how to undo this but none of them works. And instead of saying: “Not that anyone has posted.” 

Got a solution to my sandisk cruzer edge 8gb on write protected issue, i put it on a flat concrete floor and smashed it with a stanley hammer :slight_smile:

Does it format now??  :smileyvery-happy: