sandisk extreme slow write speeds?

i just got a sandisk extreme 120gb, formatted it and benchmarks show good read speeds of about 450 mb/s but the write speed is 150 mb/s. my crucial m4 is getting 500 mb/s write and 200 mb/s when its supposed to be rated slower than the sandisk.
im using the intel sata 6gb/s chipset and ports and i have AHCI enabled. can someone help me out? im about to return it to amazon when the advertised write speed are supposed to be like 500 mb/s. i know you never get the advertised speeds but it shouldnt be that far off. And if it matters im using the sandisk as storage i have my OS running off the M4.

First what benchmark are you using? ATTO disk benchmark is what is used for the advertised benchmark. This SSD has a Sandforce controller and they do better with compressed data. Some benchmarks out there use uncompressed data so you will not see the advertised numbers. 

Also you need to make sure the SSD is aligned to 4K boundaries. If you have Windows 7 or 8 and used disk managment to format the SSD you should be good to go. You can download AS SSD to check alignment if you are not sure. When you open the APP if the numbers in the top left show in the color Green and it has a OK beside it the drive is aligned properly. 

yes i formatted it through windows 7 disk managment and i used as ssd to get my numbers. the numbers in the upper left are green and also say OK. i just thought the sandisk extreme would have faster write speeds than my M4.

edit:  i just ran it through the atto benchmark and it says it has the 500 mbs for the write speed

looks like it is performing normally. 

500 Mbits/sec is outstanding! I only get around 200 by the way. I didn’t bother to get to the bottom of it.

{{{{{{ This post is so great and nice }}}}}}}}}}}

i just got a sandisk extreme 120gb, formatted it and benchmarks show good read speeds of about 450 mb/s but the write speed is 150 mb/s. my crucial m4 is getting 500 mb/s write and 200 mb/s when its supposed to be rated slower than the sandisk.

The sandisk extreme 120gb always offers remarkable speed rates and low power consumption.  By providing this it helps to maintain the computer porformance.  Really runs much faster than any hard disk. Very easy to transfer the contents of whatever sized hard disk you have use free easy-to-use software

Thanks

chris

En realidad, nada usa la unidad C en NAS porque todos los discos duros NAS están en la tarjeta para Cy Megred. El Administrador de tareas informa que la velocidad del disco no usa mucho.

Instalé el SanDisk Toolkit e informo que todo está bien. Ambas unidades se redondearon manualmente antes de los estándares. Ambos módulos están en el último firmware.