Will ReadyCache have a driver for Windows 10?

Again “ExpressCache can not launch. Try using the original user account for the first time.”.

I’ll try to uninstall the app and the driver separately…

Still the same problem. If I launch eccmd -info it says:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>eccmd -info
ExpressCache Command Version 1.3.112.0
Copyright® 2010-2014 Condusiv Technologies.
Date Time: 8/10/2015 15:14:14:870 (PC_VAN_GEBRUIKE #0)

Failed to retrieve product license information.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Should I reactivate it somehow?

I runned the installer again, and this time with log. Apart from that I executed both the inf-files in
C:\Program Files\Condusiv Technologies\ExpressCache\excfs and 

C:\Program Files\Condusiv Technologies\ExpressCache\excsd

Now I don’t have the licence message anymore and the commands

eccmd -partition

and

eccmd -format

are running again.

eccmd -format stalled and wasn’t even neccessary.

I’ve got 1.3.2 running now!

Thanks for posting Rmast, can you post brief steps on what you did to get it back up and running?

Currently using primocach which is working quite nicely (no random cache resets)

I have just had anothe long discussion with SanDisk support for our region (UK etc) and basically go nowhere.

All they said really was " our engineering department is working on it ".

They would not give any timescales or anything - so unless I use a third party caching product I have a useless 32 Gb SSD in my machine taking up a SATA port.

I really have no confidence in SanDisk fixing this issue even though they could have easily have fixed it either while Windows 10 was being shipped as part of the Insider program or even after version 100240 was shipped - which actually ended up as the version they finally released with a couple of patches.

Any updates I will post here.

Regards

Infinidim

@rmast wrote:

eccmd -format stalled and wasn’t even neccessary.

I’ve got 1.3.2 running now!

32 or 64 bit and please post how you did it please as there will be a lot of people interested.

Thanks in advance

Infinidim

I don’t have a configuration in which I can reproduce all steps, and don’t know where anyone gets stuck.

My suggestion at this moment (for Windows 10 x64) to get the current install running would be:

Doubleclick on

C:\Program Files\Condusiv Technologies\ExpressCache\excfs\excfs.inf

and

C:\Program Files\Condusiv Technologies\ExpressCache\excsd\excsd.inf

Disable and uninstall PrimoCache if you installed that.

Reboot

remove the 29 GB volume in diskmanager

Run eccmd -partition

Start ExpressCache as you allways would. It should run now without annoying popup.

If it doesn’t or you’re anywhere between install and uninstall:

First, get the (un)install working by clearing Expresscache from registry and files.

If during (un)install the setup still complains there is a previous version installed find the

file ‘expresscache.msi’ on your (Windows) c:-drive during setup.

It must reside somewhere around %LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp with the most recent timestamp.

From (a copy of) the directory run 

msiexec /i expresscache.msi /Lv* output.txt

which will give a file output.txt, which contains a pointer to the obstructing remnants.

Uninstall and reinstall expresscache 1.3.2, and follow up the requested reboots.

Now continue at the suggestions at the top, so

Doubleclick on

C:\Program Files\Condusiv Technologies\ExpressCache\excfs\excfs.inf

and

C:\Program Files\Condusiv Technologies\ExpressCache\excsd\excsd.inf

Reboot

Run eccmd -partition to partition the 32 GB Sandisk SSD.

If you still experience issues with (un)install use Revo Uninstaller trial to remove all remnants with a managed uninstall, after reinstalling everything you installed to get things running.

Revo Uninstaller will lookup all files and registry-entries in the MSI that can probably be left by the uninstall.

That’s it.

Please post if you succeed with this manual, or else, what eccmd -info shows… (probably still some licencing issue?)

@rmast:

I didn’t have the folder with the inf driver files but I did have a few alternate installs for ExpressCache, I tried one of those and eventually “setup_x64.exe” gave it to me.  I believe that one was posted in this thread.

I ran Revo Uninstaller first to get rid of any old files I had then installed it.  I could not run eccmd -partition, it just gave me some error every time and running eccmd -info told me nothing was being cached.  I right clicked and installed both of those inf files since double clicking opened them in a text editor.  Tried eccmd again and both still said the same.  I uninstalled it through Windows I believe and then grabbed ExpressCache 1.3.2 and ran that installer.  It took a long time to install the drivers during setup, like 5 minutes or something, it always gave me an error at that point before though which it didn’t do this time.  Install finished fine and I restarted then opened ExpressCache which seems to be working.

I currently have 10gb cached and I’ve restarted a few times to make sure my cache wasn’t going to randomly disappear.  So yes I have a working ExpressCache now, thank you.  I think it was a combination of those inf files and Revo Uninstaller.

Great!

Some of the users have figured out ways to get it to work. I hope Sandisk folks are looking into the methods and hopefully release an installer that gets it done.

Right now, can’t uninstall it and can’t install version 1.3.2 back into the system.

Fast, man. We are waiting.

1 Like

I’ve still got the same issue. Can’t install.

Still waiting for SanDisk to come back to me with a fix.

Regards

Infindim

@redcache wrote:

Some of the users have figured out ways to get it to work. I hope Sandisk folks are looking into the methods and hopefully release an installer that gets it done.

Right now, can’t uninstall it and can’t install version 1.3.2 back into the system.

Fast, man. We are waiting.

Still nothing. lol.

Are they playing hide and seek with us?

I bet the sandisk bosses don’t really know about the whole broken

product and lazy support situation.

@redcache wrote:

Still nothing. lol.

Are they playing hide and seek with us?

I bet the sandisk bosses don’t really know about the whole broken

product and lazy support situation.

Yes I think that they are playing “hide and seek” with us.

RedCache, have you opened a case with them to get it fixed. I have and I also keep chasing them on a regular basis.

I am also going to raise an issue with Condusiv who write the driver for SanDisk to see whether I can get any leaverage there.

Regards

Infididim

This issue has been escalated to the highest level within SanDisk and we are currently working with Condisiv for a Windows 10 update. While at this time we do not have an estimated date for the update release we have been told we can expect it soon. As soon as I have more information we will provide further updates. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter. 

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

infinidim Nope. No service ticket with sandisk.

But I did a live chat and they keep saying the same thing.

I bet Condusiv will reply back to you with an usual “support is provided by sandisk and that they don’t handle sandisk customers.”

Its an embarrasing mess - same as it has been the multiples of times we had to push them around to get **bleep** done.

Unfortunately I am not active on twitter/facebook. Sandisk might be a bit more sensitive to real time poundings in social media.

slotmonsta Sorry, man. No patience here. No patience with lousy actions. Its not only myself. You might see only a handful of people voicing their concerns here. But there are an untold number of people feeling the same way right now. I hope you understand that.

I have received additional information regarding the ExpressCache Windows 10 issue. When updating from any version of Windows to Windows 10 some of the core components of ExpressCache are removed. This results in the uninstall issue customers are seeing. The ExpressCache uninstaller is failing to find components it expects to find resulting in a failure of the uninstall. Unfortunately this uninstall failure prevents a reinstall of the ExpressCache software. We are working with Condusiv to create a tool that will reinstall the components that were removed during the Windows 10 update process. We expect to have this tool available by the end of the month. 

If you have not yet upgraded to Windows 10 you can uninstall ExpressCache then upgrade to Windows 10. Once you are running Windows 10 you can install and run ExpressCache normally. Additionally ExpressCache can be installed as expected on a fresh install of Windows 10 since the issue only occurs in the Windows 10 upgrade process. 

We apologize for the inconvenience and again we expect to have a tool that will reinstall the missing components that were lost in the Windows 10 upgrade process by the end of the month. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Forum Admin 

slotmonsta

Thank Slotmonsta for the news! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update slotmonsta.

But end of the month? How is this tool not made in “a day or two.”

Why doesn’t Sandisk have a proper muscle arm over Condusiv to push them to get things done?

Seems like Condusiv is left to do thingson their own schedule. They obviously need motivation and

proper supervision. Sandisk could use some of the same too.

Bad management from Sandisk side is what it is. Shame.